少兒故事英語版線上欣賞

  

  千鏡之屋

  The House of 1000 Mirrors

  Long ago in a small, faraway village, there was a place known as the House of 1000 Mirrors. A small, happy little dog learned of this place and decided to visit. When he arrived, he hounced happily up the stairs to the doorway of the house. He looked through the doorway with his ears lifted high and his tail wagging as fast as it could. To his great surprise, he found himself staring at 1000 other happy little dogs with their tails wagging just as fast as his. He smiled a great smile, and was answered with 1000 great smiles just as warm and firendly. As he left the House, he thought to himself, "This is a wonderful place. I will come back and visit it often."

  In this same village, another little dog, who was not quite as happy as the first one, decided to visit the house. He slowly climbed the stairs and hung his head low as he looked into the door. When he saw the 1000 unfriendly looking dogs staring back at him, he growled at them and was horrified to see 1000 little dogs growling back at him. As he left, he thought to himself, "That is a horrible place, and I will never go back there again."

  All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?

  很久以前的一個很遠的小村莊裡,有一個以"千鏡屋"而著名的地方。一個樂觀的小狗聽說了這個地方並決定去參觀。當來到這個地方,他蹦蹦跳歡恰快的上了臺階,來到房門口,他高高豎起耳朵,歡快地搖著尾巴,從門口口往裡張望,他驚奇地看到有1000只歡樂的小狗像他一樣快的搖尾巴。他燦爛地微笑著,回報他的是1000張熱情,友好的燦爛笑臉。離開時他心想:"這是一個精彩的地主,我一定要經常來參觀。"

  在這個村裡還有另一隻想參觀"千鏡屋"的小狗,他不及第一隻小狗樂觀,他慢吞吞地爬上臺階,然後耷拉著腦袋往屋子裡看。一看到有1000只小狗不友好地盯著他,他便開始衝他們狂吠,鏡中的1000只小狗也衝著他狂吠,把他給嚇壞了,他在離開時心想:"這是一個恐怖的地方,我再也不會來了。"

  世界上所有的臉都是鏡子,在你所遇見的人的臉上你看到反射出來的是什麼?

       坐井觀天

  Look at the Sky from the Bottom of a Well

  There is a frog. He lives in a well and he never goes out of the well. He thinks the sky is as big as the mouth of the well.

  有一隻青蛙住在井底,他從來沒有去過井外面。他以為天空就和井口一樣大。

  One day a crow comes to the well. He sees the frog and says, “Frog, let’s have a talk.”

  一天, 一隻烏鴉飛到井邊,看見青蛙,就對它說:“青蛙,咱們聊聊吧。”

  Then the frog asks, “Where are you from?”

  青蛙就問他:“你從哪裡來?”

  “I fly from the sky,” the crow says.

  “我從天上上來。”烏鴉說。

  The frog feels surprised and says, “The sky is only as big as the mouth of the well. How do you fly from the sky?”

  青蛙驚訝地說:“天空就只有這井口這麼大,你怎麼會從天上來? ”

  The crow says, “The sky is very big. You always stay in the well, so you don’t know the world is big.”

  烏鴉說:“天空很大。只不過你一直呆在井裡,所有不知道世界很大。”

  The frog says, “I don’t believe.”

  青蛙說:“我不相信。”

  But the crow says, “You can come out and have a look by yourself.”

  烏鴉說:“你可以出來,自己看看嘛。”

  So the frog comes out from the well. He is very surprised. How big the world is!

  於是青蛙來到井外。他十分驚訝,原來世界這麼大!