英語故事小短文加翻譯精選
愛聽故事、愛看故事書,是現在小學生最明顯的特點。孩子們通過閱讀來獲取知識。閱讀既是一種能力的表現形式,也是一種良好的生活習慣,更是語言學習的一大助力。小編精心收集了英語故事小短文加翻譯,供大家欣賞學習!
英語故事小短文加翻譯:多面性格
A Multi-dimensional Personality
“He looks very dignified in that business suit,” said Mary, as her eyes wandered in the man's direction.
“穿著那套西裝,他看上去很高貴。”瑪麗說著,她迷離的目光轉向了那個男人。
“In fact, he would dignify just about anything he chooses to wear.
“事實上,他無論穿什麼,都能顯出高貴。
Dignity like that can only come from a good background and superior training.”
這種高貴只能來自良好的出身和高階的培養。”
“What are you talking about?” said John.
“你在說什麼?”約翰問,
“We were having an important discussion about diplomacy and the next thing I know, you're talking about that diplomatic courier in the dingy suit over there.”
“我們剛剛還在進行一個有關外交工作的重要討論,可你現在又在談論那邊衣著邋遢的外交信使了。”
“Please pardon my digression,” said Mary.
“請原諒我離題了,”瑪麗說,
“I didn't mean to diminish the importance of our conversation.
“我並不想貶低我們談話的重要性。
I usually become digressive when I am exhausted or bored.
通常我疲憊厭倦時,就會離題。
Sometimes, I feel I need to dilate my pupils to remain attentive.
有時,我覺得需要擴大瞳孔才能精神集中。
Could it be the carbon dioxide in my respiratory system?”
是不是因為我呼吸系統中的二氧化碳在作怪?”
“No,” John said, “but perhaps you should dilute your alcoholic drinks with water.
“不會,”約翰說,“但也許你該在你含酒精的飲料中加水稀釋後再喝,
It's hard to be a diligent listener when you're drunk.”
喝醉了酒就很難再當盡職的聽眾了。”
“I try to listen diligently,” replied Mary.
“我在努力盡職地聽,”瑪麗回答,
“Don't you see? That is my dilemma.
“你沒看見嗎?這就是我的困境。
If I don't think alcohol, I tend to wander off the subject.
如果我不喝酒,我會難以忍受此類無聊的討論。
Sometimes, I feel I'm wandering off into another dimension, especially with the dim lights in this place.”
如果我喝了酒,我往往會走神跑題。有時,尤其是置身於這裡暗淡的燈光中,我感覺我在遊離主題進入另一個範圍。”
“If I had a dime for every time you've wandered off the subject, I'd be a wealthy man!” said John.
“如果你每次思想開小差,我提醒你都能掙一角錢的話,我很快會成為富翁的。” 約翰說,
“Perhaps you'd be more serious about this job if you weren't such a dilettante.
“如果你不是個業餘愛好者,也許對此工作你會更認真些。
It's a good thing for you that you have a multi-dimensional personality.”
你的性格具有多面性,真是太好了。”
英語故事小短文加翻譯:大麥町狄克
Randy and Dick have just called. The building on the corner of 16th St. and Maple Ave is on fire. Randy is a fire fighter and Dick is a Dalmatian and a fire-fighting dog. When the bell sounds at the fire hall, it means that Randy and Disk have to hurry.
藍迪和狄克剛被派往第十六街和楓樹大道轉角一棟失火的建築物那裡。藍迪是名消防員,狄克則是隻大麥町,也是一隻救火狗。當消防廳的警鈴響起時,便意味著藍迪和狄克得火速行動才行。
When they got to 26th and Maple, the fire which started on the 1st floor, had spread all the way up to the 4th floor. From a window, Randy saw a small girl screaming. She was stuck. Dick saw the girl too. Dick was a smart dog and very good at his job.
他們抵達第十六街和楓樹大道轉角時,火勢已經從一樓一路延燒到了四樓。藍迪看到有個小女孩在四樓窗戶邊尖叫著,她被困住了,而狄克也看到了那個女孩。狄克是隻聰明的狗,對自己的工作很拿手。
He ran into the burning building to save the girl. Dick raced up the stairs and into the apartment where the girl was trapped. The girl jumped onto the Dick's back and they were heading down the stairs, when the celling came crashing down in front of them. The smoke was thick. He couldn't go down the stairs.
於是跑進起火的建築物要救那名女孩。它衝到樓上,進入女孩被困住的公寓裡;女孩則跳到狄克背上要和它一起下樓。結果天花板在他們面前垮了下來,再加上濃煙密佈,他們已經無法下樓了。
He heard Randy calling him. Dick jumped out of the window and into the net. Both Dick and the girl were safe.
這時狄克聽到藍迪在叫它,便跳出窗子掉在救生網裡。狄克和那名女孩總算平安無事了。
英語故事小短文加翻譯:The Captain's Speech
上尉的演說
It was a disastrous battle.
這是一場損失慘重的戰役。
The entire town was destroyed.
整個城鎮都被摧毀。
There was smoke everywhere.
戰火的硝煙還沒有散去。
Hundreds of deceased soldiers lay in a state of disarray.
數百名死去的士兵橫七豎八地躺在那裡。
“Captain, make sure that the band plays a good dirge.”
“我們必須向死難者致敬,”指揮官說話時一臉的不滿。
The captain motioned the three-man band to start playing.
上尉示意三人樂隊開始演奏。
As the music began to play, the captain turned and faced his men.
音樂一起,上尉就轉過身面對他的士兵。
The captain was a very bright and discerning man.
上尉頭腦聰明,眼光敏銳。
He immediately discerned the disadvantage that this situation could create.
他馬上察覺出這種局面會帶來的不利影響。
This battle had caused a discernible difference in the morale of the men.
這場戰役使士兵們的士氣產生了明顯的變化。
Most of his men were still teenagers.
他們中大多數人還是青少年。
None of them had ever experienced the horror of battle.
沒有人曾經經歷過戰爭的恐怖。
The captain began to speak.
上尉開始講話了。
“Men, we cannot disavow what happened today.
“士兵們,我們不能否認今天發生的一切。
We had no choice in the matter.
在這個問題上我們別無選擇。
Do not think that I can't see the look of disapproval on some of your faces.
不要以為我看不出你們一些人臉上的不滿。
I know that s scene like this can easily disarrange your thoughts, no matter how brave you are.
我明白,無論你多麼勇敢,眼前這一幕也會很容易攪亂你的思想。
However, you must not let this disaster disaffect you.
但是你不可以因為這種災難而產生不滿情緒。
You have to discard any thoughts of disbanding.
你必須丟棄一切解散軍隊的念頭。
Instead, let this horrible event have the opposite effect.
相反,我們要化恐怖為力量。
Let us disabuse ourselves of the idea that we are invincible.
讓我們打消我們是戰無不勝的錯誤念頭。
Let it persuade us to complete our mission to disarm the rebels and to bring peace andstability to this region.
讓著慘烈的一幕激勵我們去完成解除亂黨武裝、恢復本地區和平與穩定的使命。
As soon as we succeed in ending this dreadful war, the government will disburse funds to helprebuild this country.
一旦我們勝利地結束這場可怕的戰爭,政府會支付專款重建家園。
It will allow the people to return to a normal life.
人們將恢復正常的生活,
The children will return to school.
孩子們將回到學校,
Life will go on and you'll be discharged to go home to your families.”
生活會繼續下去,你們也會解散回家與家人團聚。”
“What a disarming speech!” the men murmured.
“真是一番消除疑慮的演講啊!”士兵們低聲嘟囔著。
- 英語故事小短文加翻譯精選
- 適合女生唱的好聽的歌有哪些
- 華碩臺式電腦突然宕機怎麼辦
- 生過孩子臉上長斑怎麼去掉
- 秋季養生保健知識大全
- 魚刺卡在喉嚨裡怎麼辦
- 女人掙錢創業專案
- 小學一年級語文識字方法有哪些
- 關於小學短篇英語故事閱讀
- 有什麼去黑眼圈的好方法
- 大學新生入學自我介紹
- 高中學生通知書評語
- 感謝幼兒園老師簡短的話
- 農村房屋購房合同協議書
- 房屋個人裝修合同協議書
- 人力資源管理實習心得
- 適合女性養生的健康食物有哪些
- 郭德綱的基本資訊大全
- 新手銷售員能快速吸引陌生客戶的銷售話術技巧
- 燒排骨的家常做法有哪些
- 康熙字典五行屬金的字
- 康熙字典五行屬木的字
- 康熙字典五行屬水的字
- 康熙字典五行屬火的字
- 康熙字典五行屬土的字