英語晨讀美文

  晨讀是一個英語教學不容忽視的環節,抓實抓好英語晨讀的管理是提高英語教學質量的重要保障。下面是小編帶來的優秀英文晨讀美文閱讀,歡迎閱讀!

  優秀英文晨讀美文閱讀篇一

  Love Your Life

  熱愛生活

  However mean your life is, meet it and live it

  不論你的生活如何卑微,你都得面對與度過

  do not shun it and call it hard names

  不要逃避,更不要抱怨

  it is not so bad as you are

  生活不像你認為的那般壞

  It looks poorest when you are richest

  當你富甲天下之時,生活卻顯得貧瘠乏味

  The fault finder will find faults in paradise

  即使在天堂,愛找缺點的人也能找到缺點。

  Love your life, poor as it is

  即使生活貧窮,你也該熱愛生活

  You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house

  因為就是在貧濟院,你也有自己快樂激動與光榮的歲月

  The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode

  夕陽照在貧濟院窗上的反光與照在富人家的一樣耀目

  The snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

  其門前的積雪也同樣在早春融化

  I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there

  我只是看到,一個心緒寧靜的人就算居住在貧濟院,生活起來也會心滿意足。

  And have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.

  思想愉悅,如同生活在皇宮中一樣。

  The town`s poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

  在我看來,城鎮中的貧民大凡過著最為無拘無束的生活。

  Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

  或許他們只是超乎尋常,不然豈會毫無疑懼地接受這一切。

  Most think that they are above being supported by the town.

  大多數人認為自己超凡脫俗而無須依賴城鎮的資助

  優秀英文晨讀美文閱讀篇二

  The Road to Happiness

  通往幸福的道路

  If you look around at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common. The most important of these things is an activity which at most gradually builds up something that you are glad to see coming into existence. Women who take an instinctive pleasure in their children can get this kind of satisfaction out of bringing up a family. Artists and authors and men of science get happiness in this way if their own work seems good to them. But there are many humbler forms of the same kind of pleasure. Many men who spend their working life in the city devote their weekends to voluntary and unremunerated toil in their gardens, and when the spring comes, they experience all the joys of having created beauty.

  只要你觀察一下週圍那些你可稱之為幸福的男男女女,就會看出他們都有某些共同之處。在這些共同之處中有一點是最重要的:那就是活動本身,它在大多數情況下本身就很有趣,而且可逐漸的使你的願望得以實現。生性喜愛孩子的婦女,能夠從撫養子女中得到這種滿足。藝術家、作家和科學家如果對自己的工作感到滿意,也能以同樣的方式得到快樂。不過,還有很多是較低層次的快樂。許多在城裡工作的人到了週末自願地在自家的庭院裡做無償的勞動,春天來時,他們就可盡情享受自己創造的美景帶來的快樂。

  The whole subject of happiness has, in my opinion, been treated too solemnly. It had been thought that man cannot be happy without a theory of life or a religion. Perhaps those who have been rendered unhappy by a bad theory may need a better theory to help them to recovery, just as you may need a tonic when you have been ill. But when things are normal a man should be healthy without a tonic and happy without a theory. It is the simple things that really matter. If a man delights in his wife and children, has success in work, and finds pleasure in the alternation of day and night, spring and autumn, he will be happy whatever his philosophy may be. If, on the other hand, he finds his wife fateful, his children's noise unendurable, and the office a nightmare; if in the daytime he longs for night, and at night sighs for the light of day, then what he needs is not a new philosophy but a new regimen--a different diet, or more exercise, or what not.

  在我看來,整個關於快樂的話題一向都被太嚴肅的對待過了。過去一直有這樣的看法:如果沒有一種生活的理論或者宗教信仰,人是不可能幸福的。也許那些由於理論不好才導致不快樂的人需要一種較好的理論幫助他們重新快活起來,就像你生過病需要吃補藥一樣。但是,正常情況下,一個人不吃補藥也應當是健康的;沒有理論也應當是幸福的。真正有關係的是一些簡單的事情。如果一個男人喜愛他的妻子兒女,事業有成,而且無論白天黑夜,春去秋來,總是感到高興,那麼不管他的理論如何,都會是快樂的。反之,如果他討厭自己的妻子,受不了孩子們的吵鬧,而且害怕上班;如果他白天盼望夜晚,而到了晚上又巴望著天明,那麼,他所需要的就不是一種新的理論,而是一種新的生活——改變飲食習慣,多鍛鍊身體等等。

  Man is an animal, and his happiness depends on his physiology more than he likes to think. This is a humble conclusion, but I cannot make myself disbelieve it. Unhappy businessmen, I am convinced, would increase their happiness more by walking six miles every day than by any conceivable change of philosophy.

  人是動物,他的幸福更多的時候取決於其生理狀況而非思想狀況。這是一個很庸俗的結論,然而我無法使自己懷疑它。我確信,不幸福的商人與其找到新的理論來使自己幸福,還不如每天步行六英里更見效。

  優秀英文晨讀美文閱讀篇三

  Work, Labor, and Play

  工作、勞作和娛樂

  So far as I know, Miss Hannah Arendt was the first person to define the essential difference between work and labor. To be happy, a man must feel, firstly, free and, secondly, important. He cannot be really happy if he is compelled by society to do what he does not enjoy doing, or if what he enjoys doing is ignored by society as of no value or importance. In a society where slavery in the strict sense has been abolished, the sign that what a man does is of social value is that he is paid money to do it, but a laborer today can rightly be called a wage slave. A man is a laborer if the job society offers him is of no interest to himself but he is compelled to take it by the necessity of earning a living and supporting his family.

  據我所知,漢納•阿倫特小姐是第一個給予工作和勞作之間本質區別的人。一個人要高興,首先要感到自由,其次是感到重要。如果他被社會強迫做他不願做的事,或者他喜歡做的事被社會忽視,被認為無價值和不重要,他就不會真正高興。在一個從嚴格意義上來說奴隸制已被廢除的社會裡,一個人所做的事情具有社會價值的樗是他的工作得到了報酬。但今天的勞動者可以恰當地稱為薪金的奴隸。如果他對社會提供給他的工作不感興趣,但出於謀生和養家而被迫接受,這個人就稱為勞作者。

  The antithesis to labor is play. When we play a game, we enjoy what we are doing, otherwise we should not play it, but it is a purely private activity; society could not care less whether we play it or not.

  與勞作相對的是玩,當玩耍時我們在享受,否則是不會去玩的,不過這純粹是私人活動,社會對你玩或不玩是極不關心的。

  Between labor and play stands work. A man is a worker if he is personally interested in the job which society pays him to do; what from the point of view of society is necessary labor is from his own point of view voluntary play. Whether a job is to be classified as labor or work depends, not on the job itself, but on the tastes of the individual who undertakes it. The difference does not,for example, coincide with the difference between a manual and a mental job; a gardener or a cobbler may be a worker, a bank clerk a laborer. Which a man is can be seen from his attitude toward leisure. To a worker, leisure means simply the hours he needs to relax and rest in order to work efficiently. He is therefore more likely to take too little leisure than too much; workers die of coronaries and forget their wives' birthdays. To the laborer, on the other hand, leisure means freedom from compulsion, so that it is natural for him to imagine that the fewer hours he has to spend laboring, and the more hours he is free to play, the better.

  處於勞作和玩之間的是工作。如果一個人對社會付酬給他的工作感興趣的話,他就是工作者;從社會的觀點看,工作是必要的勞作也是個人心目中自願的玩。例如:這個區別不同於體力勞動和腦力勞動之間的區別;一個園藝工人或一個補鞋匠可能是工作者,一個銀行職員可能是勞作者。一個人屬於哪一種可以從他對休閒的態度看出來。對於工作者來說,休閒只是他為了有效地工作而放鬆和休息的時間,所以他可能少休息而不是多休閒。工作者可能致於冠狀動脈血栓症,忘記妻子的生日。反之,對於勞作者來說,休閒意味著從強迫中的擺脫,因此他們會很自然地想花在工作上的時間越少,自由自在玩的時間越多就越好。