感恩節習俗介紹

  感恩節***Thanksgiving Day***是美國人民獨創的一個古老節日,也是美國人閤家歡聚的節日。 初時感恩節沒有固定日期,由美國各州臨時決定。直到美國獨立後的1863年,林肯總統宣佈感恩節為全國性節日[1] 。1941年,美國國會正式將每年11月第四個星期四定為“感恩節”。感恩節假期一般會從星期四持續到星期天
 

  這個節日有著豐富的傳統。

  The festival is 1***steeped in tradition.

  感恩節起源於乘“五月花”號來的清教徒。

  Thanksgiving’s origin comes from the pilgrims who came on the Mayflower.

  清教徒在普利茅斯巖登陸。

  The 2***pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock.

  殖民者受到印第安人的熱情款待。

  The settlers 3***broke bread with the Indians.

  農作物豐收是***感恩節***傳統的一部分。

  The harvesting of the crop is part of the tradition.

  只有北美才會慶祝感恩節。

  Thanksgiving is only celebrated in North America.

  盡情吃、喝、玩樂吧!

  Eat, drink and be merry!

  媽媽正在準備節日大餐!

  Mom is preparing a feast.

  把火雞端上來。

  Bring on the turkey.

  我們要鳴謝那些開國元勳。

  We should be grateful for our founding fathers.

  他們準備了豐盛的晚餐。

  They prepared a hearty dinner.

  你會參加感恩節的遊行嗎?

  Are you attending the Thanksgiving Day Parade?

  我們要吃一個星期的剩菜剩飯。

  We’ll be eating 4***leftovers for a week.

  你對什麼心存感激?

  What are you thankful for?

  我們應該時刻心存感激。

  We should count our blessings.

  我喜歡酸莓醬。

  I love cranberry sauce.

  奶奶把超好吃的餡料製作祕訣告訴了我。

  Grandma gave me a great recipe for stuffing.

  全家團聚的時刻到了。

  It’s the time for family to unite.

  我不喜歡吃蔬菜時蘸肉汁。

  I don’t like 5***gravy on my vegetables. 英語閱讀-感恩節習俗