新東方勵志英語文章精選
許多人都會喜歡看一些勵志的英語短文,這能夠很好的提升自己的英語閱讀能力,今天小編在這裡為大家分享一些,希望這些勵志的英語對大家能夠有所幫助!
新東方勵志英語文章篇一
Love Your Life
熱愛生活
However mean your life is, meet it and live it
不論你的生活如何卑微,你都得面對與度過
do not shun it and call it hard names
不要逃避,更不要抱怨
it is not so bad as you are
生活不像你認為的那般壞
It looks poorest when you are richest
當你富甲天下之時,生活卻顯得貧瘠乏味
The fault finder will find faults in paradise
即使在天堂,愛找缺點的人也能找到缺點。
Love your life, poor as it is
即使生活貧窮,你也該熱愛生活
You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house
因為就是在貧濟院,你也有自己快樂激動與光榮的歲月
The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode
夕陽照在貧濟院窗上的反光與照在富人家的一樣耀目
The snow melts before its door as early in the spring.
其門前的積雪也同樣在早春融化
I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there
我只是看到,一個心緒寧靜的人就算居住在貧濟院,生活起來也會心滿意足。
And have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
思想愉悅,如同生活在皇宮中一樣。
The town`s poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.
在我看來,城鎮中的貧民大凡過著最為無拘無束的生活。
Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.
或許他們只是超乎尋常,不然豈會毫無疑懼地接受這一切。
Most think that they are above being supported by the town.
大多數人認為自己超凡脫俗而無須依賴城鎮的資助
新東方勵志英語文章篇二
The Road to Happiness
通往幸福的道路
If you look around at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common. The most important of these things is an activity which at most gradually builds up something that you are glad to see coming into existence. Women who take an instinctive pleasure in their children can get this kind of satisfaction out of bringing up a family. Artists and authors and men of science get happiness in this way if their own work seems good to them. But there are many humbler forms of the same kind of pleasure. Many men who spend their working life in the city devote their weekends to voluntary and unremunerated toil in their gardens, and when the spring comes, they experience all the joys of having created beauty.
只要你觀察一下週圍那些你可稱之為幸福的男男女女,就會看出他們都有某些共同之處。在這些共同之處中有一點是最重要的:那就是活動本身,它在大多數情況下本身就很有趣,而且可逐漸的使你的願望得以實現。生性喜愛孩子的婦女,能夠從撫養子女中得到這種滿足。藝術家、作家和科學家如果對自己的工作感到滿意,也能以同樣的方式得到快樂。不過,還有很多是較低層次的快樂。許多在城裡工作的人到了週末自願地在自家的庭院裡做無償的勞動,春天來時,他們就可盡情享受自己創造的美景帶來的快樂。
The whole subject of happiness has, in my opinion, been treated too solemnly. It had been thought that man cannot be happy without a theory of life or a religion. Perhaps those who have been rendered unhappy by a bad theory may need a better theory to help them to recovery, just as you may need a tonic when you have been ill. But when things are normal a man should be healthy without a tonic and happy without a theory. It is the simple things that really matter. If a man delights in his wife and children, has success in work, and finds pleasure in the alternation of day and night, spring and autumn, he will be happy whatever his philosophy may be. If, on the other hand, he finds his wife fateful, his children's noise unendurable, and the office a nightmare; if in the daytime he longs for night, and at night sighs for the light of day, then what he needs is not a new philosophy but a new regimen--a different diet, or more exercise, or what not.
在我看來,整個關於快樂的話題一向都被太嚴肅的對待過了。過去一直有這樣的看法:如果沒有一種生活的理論或者宗教信仰,人是不可能幸福的。也許那些由於理論不好才導致不快樂的人需要一種較好的理論幫助他們重新快活起來,就像你生過病需要吃補藥一樣。但是,正常情況下,一個人不吃補藥也應當是健康的;沒有理論也應當是幸福的。真正有關係的是一些簡單的事情。如果一個男人喜愛他的妻子兒女,事業有成,而且無論白天黑夜,春去秋來,總是感到高興,那麼不管他的理論如何,都會是快樂的。反之,如果他討厭自己的妻子,受不了孩子們的吵鬧,而且害怕上班;如果他白天盼望夜晚,而到了晚上又巴望著天明,那麼,他所需要的就不是一種新的理論,而是一種新的生活——改變飲食習慣,多鍛鍊身體等等。
Man is an animal, and his happiness depends on his physiology more than he likes to think. This is a humble conclusion, but I cannot make myself disbelieve it. Unhappy businessmen, I am convinced, would increase their happiness more by walking six miles every day than by any conceivable change of philosophy.
人是動物,他的幸福更多的時候取決於其生理狀況而非思想狀況。這是一個很庸俗的結論,然而我無法使自己懷疑它。我確信,不幸福的商人與其找到新的理論來使自己幸福,還不如每天步行六英里更見效。
新東方勵志英語文章篇三
Ambition
抱負
It is not difficult to imagine a world short of ambition. It would probably be a kinder world: with out demands, without abrasions, without disappointments. People would have time for reflection. Such work as they did would not be for themselves but for the collectivity. Competition would never enter in. conflict would be eliminated, tension become a thing of the past. The stress of creation would be at an end. Art would no longer be troubling, but purely celebratory in its functions. Longevity would be increased, for fewer people would die of heart attack or stroke caused by tumultuous endeavor. Anxiety would be extinct. Time would stretch on and on, with ambition long departed from the human heart.
一個缺乏抱負的世界將會怎樣,這不難想象。或許,這將是一個更為友善的世界:沒有渴望,沒有摩擦,沒有失望。人們將有時間進行反思。他們所從事的工作將不是為他們自身,而是為了整個集體。競爭永遠不會介入;衝突將被消除。人們的緊張關係將成為過往雲煙。創造的重壓將得以終結。藝術將不在惹人費神,其功能將純粹為了慶典。人的壽命將會更長,因為有激烈拼爭引起的心臟病和中風所導致的死亡將越來越少。焦慮將會消失。時光流失,抱負卻早已遠離人心。
Ah, how unrelieved boring life would be!
啊,長此以往人生將變的多麼乏味無聊!
There is a strong view that holds that success is a myth, and ambition therefore a sham. Does this mean that success does not really exist? That achievement is at bottom empty? That the efforts of men and women are of no significance alongside the force of movements and events now not all success, obviously, is worth esteeming, nor all ambition worth cultivating. Which are and which are not is something one soon enough learns on one’s own. But even the most cynical secretly admit that success exists; that achievement counts for a great deal; and that the true myth is that the actions of men and women are useless. To believe otherwise is to take on a point of view that is likely to be deranging. It is, in its implications, to remove all motives for competence, interest in attainment, and regard for posterity.
有一種盛行的觀點認為,成功是一種神話,因此抱負亦屬虛幻。這是不是說實際上並不存在成功?成就本身就是一場空?與諸多運動和事件的力量相比,男男女女的努力顯得微不足道?顯然,並非所有的成功都值得敬仰,也並非所有的抱負都值得追求。對值與不值的選擇,一個人自然而然很快就學會。但即使是最為憤世嫉俗的人暗地裡也承認,成功確實存在,成就的意義舉足輕重,而把世界男男女女的所作所為說成是徒勞無功才是真正的無稽之談。認為成功不存在的觀點很可能造成混亂。這種觀點的本意是一筆勾銷所有提高能力的動機,求取業績的興趣和對子孫後代的關注。
We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents. We do not choose our historical epoch, the country of our birth, or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time or conditions of our death. But within all this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we shall live: courageously or in cowardice, honorably or dishonorably, with purpose or in drift. We decide what is important and what is trivial in life. We decide that what makes us significant is either what we do or what we refuse to do. But no matter how indifferent the universe may be to our choices and decisions, these choices and decisions are ours to make. We decide. We choose. And as we decide and choose, so are our lives formed. In the end, forming our own destiny is what ambition is about.
我們無法選擇出生,無法選擇父母,無法選擇出生的歷史時期與國家,或是成長的周遭環境。我們大多數人都無法選擇死亡,無法選擇死亡的時間或條件。但是在這些無法選擇之中,我們的確可以選擇自己的生活方式:是勇敢無畏還是膽小怯懦,是光明磊落還是厚顏無恥,是目標堅定還是隨波逐流。我們決定生活中哪些至關重要,哪些微不足道。我們決定,用以顯示我們自身重要性的,不是我們做了些什麼,或是我們拒絕做些什麼。但是不論世界對我們所做的選擇和決定有多麼漠不關心,這些選擇和決定終究是我們自己做出的。我們決定,我們選擇。而當我們決定和選擇時,我們的生活便得以形成。最終構築我們命運的就是抱負之所在。