值得背誦的英文文章
背誦是英語學習的一種重要方法,英語背誦能夠克服漢語負遷移、增強英語語感、增加詞彙量和增強學習信心等。下面是小編帶來的,歡迎閱讀!
A Grain of Sand
一粒沙子
William Blake/威廉.布萊克
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild fllower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
從一粒沙子看到一個世界,
從一朵野花看到一個天堂,
把握在你手心裡的就是無限,
永恆也就消融於一個時辰。
Love Your Life
熱愛生活
Henry David Thoreau/享利.大衛.梭羅
However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.Love your life,poor as it is.You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
不論你的生活如何卑微,你要面對它生活,不要躲避它,更別用惡言咒罵它。它不像你那樣壞。你最富有的時候,倒是看似最窮。愛找缺點的人就是到天堂裡也能找到缺點。你要愛你的生活,儘管它貧窮。甚至在一個濟貧院裡,你也還有愉快、高興、光榮的時候。夕陽反射在濟貧院的窗上,像身在富戶人家窗上一樣光亮;在那門前,積雪同在早春融化。我只看到,一個從容的人,在哪裡也像在皇宮中一樣,生活得心滿意足而富有愉快的思想。城鎮中的窮人,我看,倒往往是過著最獨立不羈的生活。也許因為他們很偉大,所以受之無愧。大多數人以為他們是超然的,不*城鎮來支援他們;可是事實上他們是往往利用了不正當的手段來對付生活,他們是毫不超脫的,毋寧是不體面的。視貧窮如園中之花而像聖人一樣耕植它吧!不要找新的花樣,無論是新的朋友或新的衣服,來麻煩你自己。找舊的,回到那裡去。萬物不變,是我們在變。你的衣服可以賣掉,但要保留你的思想
The pure.the bright,the beautiful, 一切純潔的,輝煌的,美麗的,
That stirred our hearts in youth, 強烈地震撼著我們年輕的心靈的,
The impulses to wordless prayer, 推動著我們做無言的禱告的,
The dreams of love and truth; 讓我們夢想著愛與真理的;
The longing after something's lost, 在失去後為之感到珍惜的,
The spirit's yearning cry, 使靈魂深切地呼喊著的,
The striving after better hopes- 為了更美好的夢想而奮鬥著的-
These things can never die. 這些美好不會消逝。
The timid hand stretched forth to aid 羞怯地伸出援助的手,
A brother in his need, 在你的弟兄需要的時候,
A kindly word in grief's dark hour 傷慟、困難的時候,一句親切的話
That proves a friend indeed ; 就足以證明朋友的真心;
The plea for mercy softly breathed, 輕聲地乞求憐憫,
When justice threatens nigh, 在審判臨近的時候,
The sorrow of a contrite heart- 懊悔的心有一種傷感--
These things shall never die. 這些美好不會消逝。
Let nothing pass for every hand 在人間傳遞溫情
Must find some work to do ; 盡你所能地去做;
Lose not a chance to waken love- 別錯失去了喚醒愛的良機-----
Be firm,and just ,and true; 為人要堅定,正直,忠誠;
So shall a light that cannot fade 因此上方照耀著你的那道光芒
Beam on thee from on high. 就不會消失。
And angel voices say to thee---你將聽到天使的聲音在說-----
These things shall never die. 這些美好不會消逝。
Think it over……好好想想……
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
今天我們擁有了更高層的樓宇以及更寬闊的公路,但是我們的性情卻更為急躁,眼光也更加狹隘;
We spend more,but enjoy less;
我們消耗的更多,享受到的卻更少;
We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;
我們的住房更大了,但我們的家庭卻更小了;
We have more compromises,but less time;
我們妥協更多,時間更少;
We have more knowledge,but less judgment;
我們擁有了更多的知識,可判斷力卻更差了;
We have more medicines,but less health;
我們有了更多的藥品,但健康狀況卻更不如意;
We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;
我們擁有的財富倍增,但其價值卻減少了;
We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;
我們說的多了,愛的卻少了,我們的仇恨也更多了;
We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;
我們可以往返月球,但卻難以邁出一步去親近我們的左鄰右舍;
We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;
我們可以征服外太空,卻征服不了我們的內心;
We have highter income,but less morals;
我們的收入增加了,但我們的道德卻少了;
These are times with more liberty,but less joy;
我們的時代更加自由了,但我們擁有的快樂時光卻越來越少;
We have much more food,but less nutrition;
我們有了更多的食物,但所能得到的營養卻越來越少了;
These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;
現在每個家庭都可以有雙份收入,但離婚的現象越來越多了;
These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;
現在的住房越來越精緻,但我們也有了更多破碎的家庭;
That's why I propose,that as of today;
這就是我為什麼要說,讓我們從今天開始;
You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要將你的東西為了某一個特別的時刻而預留著,因為你生活的每一天都是那麼特別;
Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
尋找更我的知識,多讀一些書,坐在你家的前廊裡,以讚美的眼光去享受眼前的風景,不要帶上任何功利的想法;
Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;
花多點時間和朋友與家人在一起,吃你愛吃的食物,去你想去的地方;
Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快樂時光;我們不僅僅是為了生存而生存;
Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.
舉起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝嗇灑上你最好的香水,你想用的時候就享用吧!
Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";
從你的詞彙庫中移去所謂的“有那麼一天”或者“某一天”;
Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算“有那麼一天”去寫的信,就在今天吧!
Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告訴家人和朋友,我們是多麼地愛他們;
Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
不要延遲任何可以給你的生活帶來歡笑與快樂的事情;
Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;
每一天、每一小時、每一分鐘都是那麼特別;
And you don't know if it will be your last.
你無從知道這是否最後刻。
The life I desired
我所追求的生活
That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of lifeof life it offers has a homely grace.It reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague uneasiness.Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature,strong in me even in those days,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course.There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights.In my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen.
這一定是世間無數對夫妻的生活寫照,這種生活模式給人一種天倫之美。它使人想起一條平靜的溪流,蜿蜒暢遊過綠茵的草場,濃蔭遮蔽,最後注入煙波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太過平靜,太過沉默,太過不動聲色,你會突然感到莫名的不安。也許這只是我自己的一種怪誕想法,在那樣的時代,這想法對我影響很深:我覺得這像大多數人一樣的生活,似乎欠缺了一點兒什麼。我承認這種生活有社會價值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液裡的衝動卻渴望一種更桀驁不馴的旅程.這樣的安逸中好像有一種叫我驚懼不安的東西.我的心渴望一種更加驚險的生活。只要生活中還能有變遷———以及不可知的刺激,我願意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁滿布的海灘。