英語初級情景對話
下面是小編整理的,希望對大家有幫助。
1:
I was going to be a doctor.
我將要成為一名醫生。
What happened to your plans?
你的計劃怎麼了?
I got a D in college chemistry.
我在大學化學考試中得了D。
Well, a D is better than an F.
好吧,D要好於F。
A tutor helped me get the D!
一個助教幫我拿到了D!
So, you didn't become a doctor.
所以,你不會成為一名醫生。
And now I'm glad that I didn't.
現在我很高興我不會成為醫生。
Why's that?
為什麼?
A hospital is the most dangerous place in the world.
醫院是世界上最危險的地方。
Oh, yes, because of all the killer germs.
噢,是的,因為那些致命的細菌。
If you're a smart doctor, you stay away from hospitals.
如果你是一名聰明的醫生,你會遠離醫院。
Yes, the smart doctors are those TV news doctors-no hospitals, no patients.
是的,明智的醫生是那些電視新聞裡的醫生--沒有醫院,沒有病患。
2:
That was a great trip to Washington, D.C.
去華盛頓特區的旅行真棒。
Tell me about it, Dad.
給我講講吧,爸爸。
About 90 of us World War II veterans got on the plane at 8 a.m.
我們大約90個二戰老兵在上午8點登上飛機。
How long was the flight?
這次飛行多長時間?
It only took about two hours.
只花了兩個小時。
Did you take pictures at the World War II Monument?
你在二戰紀念碑留影了嗎?
Oh, yes. We all took lots of pictures.
嗯,是的。我們拍了很多照。
Then you flew back home that evening?
然後你當天晚上就回家了嗎?
Yes. When we landed, TV reporters and the Army band were there.
是的。我們降落時,電視臺記者和軍樂隊都在那。
That must have made you feel really special.
那一定讓你感覺很特別。
Oh, it did. There were about 300 people there to honor us.
嗯,是的。那裡有大約300人在歡迎我們。
Well, you all deserve it. You helped save our country.
好吧,那是你們應得的。你們拯救了我們國家。
3:
The price of stamps goes up and up.
郵票的價格一直在上漲。
I think stamps used to cost a penny.
我想過去郵票只要一分錢。
That was a long time ago.
那是很久以前的事了。
It was before I was born.
那是在我出生以前。
Now a stamp is 42 cents.
現在郵票要42分。
But in May it will be 44 cents.
但在五月將會漲到44分。
Have you ever lost a letter in the mail?
你在郵政寄丟過信嗎?
No, I haven't.
沒有丟過。
Neither have I.
我也沒有。
So, they do a good job for the money.
所以,他們的工作對得起咱們付的錢。
Yes, they do.
是的,他們的確是。
Maybe we shouldn't complain.
或許我們不應該抱怨。
4:
I think I did something real stupid.
我想我做了一些很傻的事情。
What did you do?
你做了什麼?
I bought some stock.
我買了一些股票。
Everybody buys stock.
每個人都買股票。
I bought it on a hunch.
我憑直覺買的。
You didn't read about the company first?
你沒有先了解一下那個公司?
I didn't have to. It's been in business for 60 years.
我沒有必要。它已經在商界60年了。
So what's the problem?
那麼問題是什麼?
I used all my savings on this one company.
我把所有的錢都買了這一個公司。
You put all your eggs into one basket.
你把雞蛋放在一個籃子裡。
If the company goes out of business, I'll have nothing.
如果這個公司破產,我將一無所有。
Oh, you'll have something-you'll have a lesson you'll never forget!
噢,你會有一些--你會得到一個一生難忘的教訓。