描寫垂死掙扎的英語句子口語
同學們多花點心思,小編今天給大家帶來的是英語的口語,學習英語就是要花很多時間的,大家要好好看一看,背一背,這樣才能更快的提升英語成績哦
一
1. He was sent up for three years.
他蹲了三年監獄。
2. If she finds out, the balloon will go up.
要是她發現可就糟了。
3. She has no qualms about lying.
她撒起謊來臉都不帶紅的。
4. Answer me unambiguously.
請正面回答。
5. Actually I’m a man of the old school.
其實我很傳統。
the old school 舊的,舊式樣的;保守派,守舊派。而與此相對的the new school 就是新式派的意思。
6. Some work experience will stand you in good stead.
積累點工作經驗對你有好處。
stand sb. in good stead 給某人好處,對某人有利,對某人大有幫助
e.g. My father's words stand me in good stead for the rest of my life. 父親的話對我一生都很有幫助。
7. You’re fighting a losing battle.
不要垂死掙扎了。
losing battle 必敗之仗,取勝無望的戰鬥
e.g. It's a losing battle trying to persuade Henry to take more exercise. 要說服亨利多運動純屬徒勞。
8. You don’t have to be so deferential.
你不必這麼恭恭敬敬的。
9. I bear him no malice.
我對他沒有惡意。
10. She’s taken up with a bunch of artistes.
她最近經常跟一幫藝人來往。
take up with 開始與…交往;致力於…,熱衷於…;採納;贊成
e.g. He took up with smugglers. 他和走私犯混到一塊兒去了。
二
1. Hopes dimmed.
希望越來越渺茫。
2. I went all out!
我已盡力了!
go all out 全力以赴,鼓足幹勁
e.g. We have to go all out and catch up with them. 我們要鼓足幹勁趕上他們。
3. The groom made the rounds.
新郎挨個敬酒。
make the rounds 串門拜訪,四處走動
e.g. In hospitals, night nurses are making their usual rounds. 醫院裡,值夜班的護士正在例行查房。
4. You’re taking your life in your hands.
你在玩命。
5. It’s just a one-off.
只是一次性的。
6. I need a few days to mull it over.
給我幾天讓我想想。
mull over 琢磨,斟酌,反覆考慮
7. How can we mitigate the effects now?
我們現在怎樣才能緩解問題?
8. They’re as thick as thieves.
他們倆形影不離。
thick as thieves 親密無間,交情深厚
9. You keep going off on a tangent.
你老是跑題。
10. I’m nursing my energy.
我在積蓄力量。