大學英語句子翻譯練習

  在英語學習過程中,句子的翻譯一直都是學習者關注的焦點問題。下面是小編帶來的,歡迎閱讀!

  1

  1. 我已經戒掉睡前吸菸的壞習慣,再也不用聽妻子不斷地發牢騷了。give up

  Having given up the bad habit of smoking before bedtime, I no longer have to hear my wife complaining all the time.

  2. 與其他同齡人不同的是,他迷戀京劇。set apart from; be addicted to

  What sets him apart from other people of his age is that he is addicted to Beijing Opera.

  3. 她對他用情至深,願意克服任何障礙與他結婚。so that; obstacle

  She is so much in love with him that she’s ready to overcome any obstacle to marry him.

  4. 只是在考試成績出來之後,我才意識到必須更加刻苦才能不落後。only; keep up with Only after the result of the exam came out did I realize I would have to work harder to keep up with the others.

  5. 作為主要談判人,她在打破雙方之間的障礙上創造了奇蹟。miracle

  As chief negotiator she has performed miracles in breaking down barriers between the two sides.

  6. 您無需擔心,男士是不允許進入這個房間的。need; allow sb. to do sth.

  You don’t need to worry. Men are not allowed to get into this room.

  7. 如果要我在上大學還是去工作兩者間選擇,我會選擇前者而非後者。instead of

  If I had to make a choice between going to college and finding a job, I would choose the former instead of the latter.

  8. 儘管說明書上說“一次吃一片”,他還是一下子吃了三片。in spite of; at a time In spite of the instruction of taking one pill at a time, he took three all at once.

  2

  1. 我們將讓班長來制定野餐計劃的具體細節。

  We will leave it to the monitor to work out the details of the picnic plan.

  2. 基於我們銷售情況的預測,我們明年將開始盈利。

  On the basis of our sales forecasts, we may begin to make a profit next year.

  3. 無論情況多麼複雜,他都能應付自如。

  No matter how complicated the situation was, he could coupe with it successfully.

  4. 歸結起來有兩條出路:你或者改進工作,或者辭職。

  It comes down to two choices; you either improve your work, or you leave.

  5. 有儘管她父親在公司,但她那份工作卻是靠自己得到的。

  Although her father is in the firm, she got the job on her own.

  6. 他的口音太重,很難聽出他在說什麼。

  With his strong accent, it is hard to figure out what he is trying to say.

  7.我正在做心理準備,打算向我的老闆要求加薪。

  I am psyching myself up to ask my boss for a rise.

  8. 我得把他們的電話號碼趕快記下來,以免忘了。

  I will just jot down their phone number lest I should forget it.

  9. 他把整整幾頁的資訊壓縮成論文中的一段。

  He has boiled whole pages of information down to one paragraph in the paper.

  10. 看來她已經很快適應了她的新公司。

  It seems that she has settled in very quickly at her new company.

  3

  1. 似乎總是這樣的——你賺得越多,你花得就越多。the more„, the more„

  It always seems the more you earn, the more you spend.

  2. 革命運動對他們的利益造成了直接的威脅。pose

  The revolutionary movement poses a direct threat to their interests.

  3. 她覺得自己和尼克都從這次經歷中受益匪淺。figure

  She figured that both she and Nick learned a lot from the experience.

  4. 擺在你面前的只有兩種選擇:要麼投票支援他,要麼投票反對他。either„or„ There are only two choices before you. You either vote for him or vote against him.

  5. 我預料到會受到指責——當你成為公眾人物時,這是在所難免的。go with the territory I expected the criticism — it goes with the territory when you are a public figure.

  6. 人們越來越關心電子遊戲對兒童行為的影響。get concerned about

  People are getting more and more concerned about the effect of video games on children’s behavior.

  7. 過去的兩年我不停地從一個地方搬到另一個地方,所以我很快就適應了這個新城市。get used to

  I have been moving from one place to another over the past two years, so it doesn’t take me long to get used to this new city.

  8. 他們批評領導層,但避免進行正面質疑。shy away from

  They criticized the leadership, but shied away from a direct challenge.

  9. 儘管我們存在分歧,但仍能找到共同點。despite, common ground

  Despite our disagreements, we have been able to find some common ground.