關於醫學的英語文章

  隨著科技與經濟的不斷髮展,中國人口老齡化也達到了前所未有的水平。醫療生活保健及疾病預防也成了居民生活中急需解決的一大難題。下面是小編帶來的,歡迎閱讀!

  1

  涉及狂犬病的醫學英語定義,診斷、處理手段。

  Rabies

  Definition

  Rabies is a frequently fatal, acute viral infection which is transmitted to humans by infected animals often dogs or bats via a bite or by the exposure of broken skin to an infected animal's saliva.

  Causes, incidence, and risk factors

  Rabies is transmitted by infected saliva that enters the body through a bite wound or other open wound. The virus travels from the wound along nerve pathways to the brain, where it causes inflammation irritation and swelling with presence of extra immune cells that results in the symptoms of the disease.

  The incubation period ranges from 10 days to 7 years, with the average being 3 to 7 weeks.

  In the past, human cases in the U.S. usually resulted from a dog bite, but recently, more cases of human rabies have are linked to bats and there have not been any rabies cases caused by dog bites for a number of years.

  Worldwide, dogs still pose a significant risk for transmitting rabies, however. Bats, skunks, raccoons, foxes, and other animals can also be sources of rabies virus. There are an estimated 15,000 cases of rabies worldwide each year.

  Few cases occur in the US only 3 reported in 1991 and 9 in 1994 because of extensive animal vaccination programs.

  The United Kingdom has completely eradicated rabies, which is why Americans cannot bring pets or other animals to the UK without having them undergo a 6-month quarantine.

  Symptoms

  * low-grade fever 102 degrees F or lower

  * pain at the site of the bite

  * exaggerated sensation at the bite site

  * swallowing difficulty drinking produces spasms of the larynx or swallowing difficulty with liquids only

  * restlessness

  * excitability

  * muscle spasms

  * convulsions

  * numbness and tingling

  * loss of muscle function

  * loss of feeling in an area of the body

  * drooling

  * anxiety, stress, and tension

  * positive Babinski's reflex

  Signs and tests

  If a person has a history of animal bite, the animal will be observed for signs of rabies. Immunofluorescence fluorescent antibody test or necropsy after death performed on the suspect animal may show that the animal has rabies.

  Treatment

  Clean the wound well with soap and water and seek professional care after sustaining an animal bite. Try to gather as much information about the animal as possible. Contact local animal control authorities to confine suspect animals for observation and examination if rabies is suspected.

  Thorough cleaning and removal of foreign objects debridement from the wound is needed. Animal bite wounds usually should not be sutured. A passive immunization by human rabies immune globulin as well as immunization with a vaccine may be given if there is any risk of rabies.

  Expectations prognosis

  If immunization is given within 2 days of the bite, rabies is usually prevented. To date, no one in the U.S. has yet developed rabies when given the vaccine promptly and appropriately.

  Once the symptoms appear, few people survive the disease. Death from respiratory failure usually occurs within 7 days of symptom onset.

  Complications

  * allergic reaction to rabies vaccine rare

  Calling your health care provider

  Go to the emergency room or call the local emergency number such as 911 if you are bitten by a wild or domestic animal and suspect rabies may develop.

  Prevention

  Prevention depends upon enforcement of the following public health policies:

  * vaccination of dogs and cats every 2 years in areas of the United States where rabies exists in wild animals

  * avoiding contact with animals not known to you

  * vaccination of people in high-risk occupations or certain travelers

  * quarantine regulations on importing dogs and other mammals in disease-free countries

  2

  醫學英語口語會話

  Nunse: Hou do you do. Welcome. I'm the nurse in chage of this ward. We hope you will feel at home here. Thes is nurse Wang.

  你好。歡迎你。我是這病房的護土長。希望您能有家的感覺,這位是王護士,這是負責你的醫生,陳醫生。

  Patient: Sorry to bother you all.

  麻煩你們大家了。

  N: If you need anything,just press this button.

  你若需要什麼,就請按這隻電紐。

  P: Is it possible for my sister to stay here with me?

  我姐姐可以在這裡陪我嗎?

  N: Yes, but she has to pay for her bed. Does she want to have meals here too? We don't think it is necessary. Your Condition isn't so serious.

  可以,但是得交陪住費。她也在這裡用飯嗎?我們想不需要. 你的病情不那麼嚴重。

  P: What are the hours here for meals?

  這兒什麼時候開飯?

  N: Patients usually get at 7 AM. Breakfast is at 8 o'clock. The ward rounds and treatment start at 9 AM. Lunch at noon. After that you have a nap or rest. visiting hours are from 3-7 PM. Super is at 6 PM. Bed time is PM.

  病人一般早7點起床,8點吃早餐,9點醫生查房和做治療,12點午餐,飯後午睡或休息,下午3點到7點是探視時間,6點晚餐,9點半到10點病人該睡覺了。

  P: Will you show me where the sitting-room, bathroom and telephone are?

  請告訴我起坐間、浴室和電話在哪兒好嗎?

  N: Of course. Are you Muslim?

  當然可以,你是伊斯蘭教徒嗎?

  P: Yes, I am.

  是,我是。

  No, I am not.

  不,我不是。

  N: Which kind of food do you prefer, Chinese or Western?

  你喜歡吃中餐還是喜歡吃西餐?

  P: I prefer Western food.

  我願意吃西餐。

  I like Chinese food very much.

  我非常喜歡吃中餐。

  N: Have you eaten breakfastlunch, super already?

  你吃過早飯午飯,晚飯了嗎。

  P: Yes, I have.

  是,吃過了。

  NO, I have not.

  沒有,還沒吃。

  N: How is your appetite?

  你的胃口怎樣?

  P: Not so good.

  不太好.

  Just so so.

  一般.

  I have no appetite at all.

  一點食慾也沒有。

  N: What are your eating habits?

  你的飲食習慣怎麼樣?

  P: I don't eat much. I would like to have a snack in the afternoon and befor going to bed.

  我吃的不多。我希望在下午和睡前吃點東西。

  I don't like greasy food.

  我不喜歡吃油膩的東西。

  N: Are you allergic to certain foods like prawns or shrimps?

  你對某些食物有過敏情況嗎?

  P: I am allergic to sea food.

  我對所有海產食物都過敏。

  N: DO you like fruit?

  你喜歡水果嗎?

  P: Yes, Please give me some with each meal.

  是的,請每餐都給我些水果。

  N: Do you prefer a consommé or a cream soap?

  您喜歡清湯還是奶油湯?

  Do you prefer milk or sour milk?

  你喜歡牛奶還是酸奶?

  Do you prefer black tea, jasmine tea, or coffee?

  你喜歡紅茶,茉莉花茶還是咖啡?

  Do you take sugar with your milktea, coffee?

  你的奶茶,咖啡裡放糖嗎?

  DO you like your egg soft-boiled, hard-boiled or fried?

  你要煮嫩蛋,老蛋還是煎蛋?

  P: I like rice gruelporridge, noodles, toast.

  我喜歡大米粥〔稀飯,麵條,烤麵包〕.

  Please give me some fruit juice iced water, mineral water.

  請給我一些果子汁冰水,礦泉水。

  Please don't give me any cakes. I only want soda-crackers.

  請不要給我蛋糕,我只吃蘇打餅乾。

  Since my teeth are bad, please give me soft foods and tender meat.

  因為我牙齒不好,請給我軟的食品和嫩的肉。

  N: Please try to eat a little more. It will help you recover more quickly.

  請多吃一些。這樣可以幫助你早日康復.

  P: It is too noisyhot, cold draughty.

  太吵鬧熱,冷,風太大了。

  N: May I closeOpen the door?

  我可以關上開啟門嗎?

  May I close openthe window?

  我可以關上開啟窗嗎?

  May I turn onoff the heat?

  我可以開啟關上暖氣嗎?

  May i turn onOf the light?

  我可以開關燈嗎?

  Let me adjust the ear conditioner.

  我來調整一下空調。

  P: I am hungrythirsty constipated.

  我餓渴,便祕了。

  I cough a lot.

  我咳嗽得厲害。

  I don't sleep well at night.

  我晚上睡不好。

  he wound is hurting.

  我的傷口疼。

  N: I'll go and get you some cough mixturea sleeping pill, a laxative, a tranquilizer, a pain-killer.

  我去給你拿點咳嗽藥安眠藥,瀉藥,安定藥,止疼藥來。

  P: May I have another pillowblanket?

  我可以再要一個枕頭毛毯嗎?

  N: DO you want clean pajamas?

  你要乾淨的睡衣褲嗎?

  P: Yes,thank you . Please bring me a dressing gown too.

  是的,謝謝你. 請再給我拿件晨衣來.

  N: Do you want to have a bed-bath?

  給你擦個澡好嗎?

  P: I'd rather have a shower.

  我想洗個淋浴。

  I would like my hair washedcut.

  我想洗洗頭理理髮。

  I would like to have a shave.

  我想剃剃鬍須。

  N: May I throw these flowers away?

  我把這些扔掉好嗎?

  P: Yes, please put these flower in a vase.

  可以,請將這些花放在花瓶裡。

  N: Mrs. Smith, you are wanted on the ghone.

  史密斯太太,有你的電話。

  P: Is it a long distance call?

  是長途電話嗎?

  N: NO. It's from your embassydelegation.

  不是. 是從你們大使館代表團打來的。

  Doctor: We are going to do the operation on you tomorrow. Ihope you won't worry.

  明天我們就要給你做手術了,希望你不要緊張。

  P: I will try not to, but will it hurt?

  我會做到,但是否會痛呢?

  D: We'll give you anaesthesia. If you feel any pain during the operation, just let me know.

  我們會給你麻藥的. 手術期間你若覺得痛就告訴我們。

  Have you hand in you consent yet?

  你交手術志願書了嗎?

  P: How should I write it?

  該怎麼寫呢?

  D: "I name the undersigned have requested and consented to a certain operation. " That's all. We need the seal of your embassy and the signatur of your Ambassador on the consent form.

  “我名字簽名人申請並同意做某種手術。”然後簽上名字就行了。我們需要在這張志願書上蓋上你們大使館的印鑑,還需要你們大使的簽字。

  N: I'd like to Shave off the hair around the operation.

  我要把手術區周圍的毛剃一下。

  P: I have never been in a hospital before. I'm so scared.

  我從來沒住過醫院,我害伯極了。

  N: There is nothing to worry about. The doctor who will operate on you is very experrenced and considerate. If you have any discomfort during the operation, please don't hesitate to tell him. I'11 give you an enema tonight. After that please don't take any food or water before the operation.

  不必擔心,給你做手術的醫生是富有經驗和細緻耐心的。手術當中你有什麼不舒服,儘管向他提出來。我今天晚上要給你灌一次腸。這以後直到手術前請不要再吃東西或喝水了。

  P: How do you do it? Does it hurt?

  你怎個做法呢,痛嗎?

  N: I'11 insert a rubber tube into your anus and let the soapsuds solution flow into your rectum. Please let me know if you feel distension. I'11 stop the flowing. Hold it for several minutes before you expel it. That may preduce a better result.

  我先給你肛門裡插根橡皮管,再在直腸裡送些肥皂水。你覺著肚子脹,就說話,我就不灌了。你先儘量憋幾分鐘再排便。這樣效果就會好些。

  N: The operation went very well. Please turn from side to side every two or three hours.

  手術很順利。請你每兩、三個小時翻一次身。

  P: I only feel mild pain. I don't think a pain-killer is necessary. The pain is very severe. I can't stand it. Please give me a pain-killer at once.

  我只感到有輕微的疼痛,我想用不著吃止痛片。痛得很厲害。我簡直受不了;請立即給我止痛片吧。

  N: I'11 help you gat up. You can try walking around the room or corridor.

  我幫助你起床吧。你可以試著在房間裡或走廊裡走走。

  P: I think I'm quite ail right now.

  我似乎已經完全好了。

  N : You are going to be discharged the day after tomorrow.

  你後天就要出院了。

  P: Is that so? I'm so happy.

  真的嗎,我太高興了。

  N: You have been in the hopital for two weeks, haven't you?

  你住院兩個星期了,是吧?

  P: Exactly, but the doctor told me I still have to rest for one more week.

  對的,可是醫生說我還得休息一個星期。

  N: The doctor has written a certificate for you. There are two suggestions. First, avoid any mental stress and have a good rest. Secondly, examinations of fasting sugar and an EKG should be done regularly.

  醫生已經給你開好了證明書。裡面有兩個建議。第一,避免精神緊張,好好休息。第二,定期查空腹血糖和做心電圖檢查。

  P: My organizationdoctor needs my medical history. May I have it tomorrow?

  我的組織醫生需要我的病史,明天能給我嗎?

  N: Certainly.

  當然可以。

  P: Please give me my account.

  請給我結一下帳。

  N: I'11 go to the admissions' office to get you bill at once.

  我立即到住院處去給你結帳。

  P: HOW much do I owe you? May I pay it by cheque?

  我欠多少錢?能用支票付款嗎?

  N: Altogether three hundred and fifty yuan. seventy five fen. You may pay either In cash or by cheque.

  總共 350元7角5分,你付現金或開支票都行。

  P: I must go now. will you call a taxi for me?

  我該走了,請給我叫輛出租汽車,好嗎?

  N: Have you made sure you haven't left anything behind?

  你沒有留下什麼東西嗎?

  P: I don't think so. I'm really very grateful to you all. You were all so kind to me.

  我想沒有,我十分感謝你們大家。你們對我都這麼好。

  N: Don't mention it. That is our job.

  不必客氣,那是我們的職責。

  The taxi has come.

  計程車來了。

  The taxi is on its way,It will be here soon.

  計程車正在路上呢,馬上就到。

  I prefer more vegetables than meat.

  我願意多吃青菜,少吃肉類。

  Since I am overweight, I only take fish and chicken.

  由於我現在太胖了,所以我只吃魚和雞。

  I don't like sweet things.

  我不喜歡甜食。