關於英語雙語短文閱讀

  學英語四級考試在高校已經開展了近30年的時間,大學英語四級證書應成為了大學生最重視的證書之一。小編整理了關於英語雙語短文,歡迎閱讀!

  關於英語雙語短文篇一

  When Matty Sallin was working on a degree in arts and technology at university, he got aninteresting assignment in electronics class: create something for the household. He decided tocreate an alarm clock. "Everybody has to use an alarm clock of some kind every day, and it'sextremely unpleasant!" he says. He asked different people what they'd like to wake up toinstead of a noisy alarm. A lot of them said, "the smell of bacon." So Sallin invented a new kindof alarm clock: a wooden box with a pig face and a digital clock that uses the smell of cookingbacon rather than sound to wake someone up. He explains, "There's no danger of burning,because I built it carefully. It uses light bulbs instead of a flame for cooking and turns offautomatically after ten minutes.” Just a few easy steps are required to set the "alarm." "Whatyou do is put in a couple of frozen strips the night before," says Sallin. Bacon is preserved, sothere is no danger of its spoiling overnight. "If you set the alarm for 8:00, it will turn on at7:50 and slow cook for ten minutes under the bulbs," he says. "Then the bulbs turn off and afan blows the smell out through the nose of the pig. So instead of an alarm, you smell yourselfawake," says Sallin. "Then you can open the door on the side and pull the bacon out and eat it."

  當馬迪·沙寧在大學攻讀藝術與科技學位時,電子課老師佈置了一個有趣的作業:為家庭創造點什麼。他決定製作一個鬧鐘。他說,“每個人每天都要用鬧鐘,而這非常的不愉快!”他問了不同的人除了吵鬧的鈴聲,他們願意被什麼叫醒。很多人回答道:“培根的味道。”於是沙寧發明了一種新型鬧鐘:一個帶有豬臉和數碼時鐘的木頭盒子,這個鬧鐘用培根的味道叫醒人們,而不是聲音。他解釋道:“沒有著火的危險,因為我製作地很小心。它用燈泡加熱,而不是火焰,而且十分鐘後會自動熄滅。”設定“鬧鐘”只需簡單的幾步。沙寧說,“你要做的就是前一天晚上放幾片冰凍的肉條,”培根是醃製的,所以不用擔心過夜會壞掉。他說,“如果你把鬧鐘設到8點,它會在7點50開啟,在燈泡的作用下慢慢地加熱10分鐘。”沙寧說,“然後燈泡會關閉,一個風扇把香味通過豬鼻子散發出去。所以不是鬧鈴把你叫醒,而是你自己聞著香味醒過來。”“然後你可以開啟側邊的門,拿出培根吃掉。”

  關於英語雙語短文篇二

  Most people feel lonely sometimes, but it usually only lasts between a few minutes and a fewhours. For some people, though, loneliness can last for years. Psychologists are studying thiscomplex phenomenon and have identified three different types of loneliness.

  大部分人都會在某個時刻感覺孤獨,這種感覺通常只持續幾分鐘或幾個小時的時間。但是有些人的孤獨感可能會持續數年的時間。心理學家對這種複雜的現象進行了研究,發現孤獨感有三種類型。

  The first kind of loneliness is temporary. It usually disappears quickly and does not require anyspecial attention. The second kind, situational loneliness, is a natural result of a particularsituation, for example, a divorce or moving to a new place. Although this kind of loneliness cancause physical problems, it usually does not last for more than a year. Unlike the second type,the third kind of loneliness usually lasts more than two years and has no specific cause. Peoplewho experience habitual loneliness have problems socializing and becoming close to others.Unfortunately, many of them think there is little or nothing they can do about it.

  第一種型別的孤獨感是暫時的。這種孤獨感通常很快就會消失,而且不需要特別注意。第二種是情景性孤獨感,這是一種特定情境產生的自然結果,比如離婚或搬家等情境。雖然這種孤獨感可能引發身體上的問題,不過這一孤獨感的持續時間不會超過一年。與第二種孤獨感不同,第三種孤獨感通常會持續兩年以上,而且沒有具體原因。經歷習慣性孤獨感的人有社交問題,很難接近他人。不幸的是,這類人通常認為他們對此沒有什麼解決辦法。

  Psychologists agree that one important factor in loneliness is a person's social contacts, forexample, friends, family members, etc. We depend on various people for different reasons. Forinstance, our families give us emotional support and our friends share similar interests andactivities. However, psychologists have found that the number of social contacts we have is notthe only reason for loneliness. It is more important how many social contacts we think orexpect we should have. In other words, though lonely people may have many social contacts,they sometimes feel they should have more. They question their own popularity.

  心理學家認為,造成孤獨感的其中一個重要因素是一個人的社會交往,比如和朋友或家人的交往。由於各種原因,我們依賴很多人。舉個例子,我們的家人給我們情感支援,我們的朋友和我們有共同的興趣,和我們一起進行各種活動。但是,心理學家發現,社會交往的數量不是造成孤獨感的唯一原因。更重要的是,我們希望自己進行社會交往的數量是多少。換句話說,孤獨的人可能有很多社會交往,可是他們感覺他們應該有更多的社會交往。他們質疑自己的人氣。

  關於英語雙語短文篇三

  Thank you for coming, everyone.

  感謝大家的到來。

  Today's presentation will show how we see the development of the motor car in the short to medium term.

  今天的演講將展示中短期內我們會看到汽車怎樣的發展。

  And that is why we have invited all of you here today.

  這也是今天我們邀請大家來的原因。

  Let's start with power.

  我們從動力開始講。

  It's clear that petrol-driven engines have no future.

  很清楚,汽油驅動的發動機是沒有前途的。

  Already there are many alternative fuel vehicles on the market, powered by anything from solar power to natural gas.

  市場上已經有很多替代能源的車輛,由太陽能、天然氣等提供動力。

  Some independent thinkers have even produced cars that run on vegetable oil.

  一些獨立的思考者甚至已製造出由蔬菜油帶動的汽車。

  But as we all know, of all these alternative fuel vehicles, the most practical are electric vehicles.

  但我們都知道,所有這些替代能源的車輛中,最實際的是電動車。

  Sure, in the past electric vehicles have their problems, namely,

  當然,電動車以前是有些問題,

  a limited driving range and very few recharging points, which limited their use.

  即行駛範圍有限和充電地點很少,這些都限制了它的使用。

  Now, however, recent developments in electric vehicle technology mean

  不過現在,電動車技術的最新發展意味著

  they can match conventional petrol engines in terms of performance and safety.

  它們在效能和安全性方面都能比得上傳統的汽油發動機。

  Let's not forget that electric vehicles are cleaner.

  我們不要忘了電動車更清潔。

  Plus, importantly, the power source is rechargeable, so this does not involve using any valuable resources.

  此外,重要的是能源是可再充電的,所以不會用到寶貴的資源。

  Moving on to communications, very soon, cars will be linked to GPS satellites, so they'll do all the driving for you.

  下面講講通訊的問題,汽車很快就將和全球衛星定位系統連線,所以能替你做開車的事。

  What controls the main for the users will be audio-based,

  使用者將通過聲音控制電源,

  so, for example, you'll just have to say a bit warmer, and the air conditioning will adjust automatically.

  例如你只需要說有點熱,空調將會自動調整。

  You'll also be able to receive e-mail, music and movies, all via an internet link.

  你還能通過網際網路接收***,聽音樂,看電影。

  So just type in the destination you want, sit back, sleep, watch a movie, whatever.

  所以你只需輸入你要去的目的地,向後靠著坐,睡覺,看電影,隨便你做什麼都行。