描述性格的英語句子

  我們的英語口語是很重要的,小編今天給大家帶來的是英語的口語,學習英語就是要花很多時間的,大家要好好看一看,背一背,這樣才能更快的提升英語成績哦

  一

  1. Don’t overstate the case.

  只講要點,不必展開。

  2. He perked up at the news.

  一聽到這個訊息他立刻振奮起來了。

  perk up 使振奮、活躍、快活;使增值;使更有趣,更誘人

  e.g. A holiday would perk you up. 一放假你就快活了。

  e.g. House prices are expected to perk up. 預計房價會上漲。

  3. Don’t be petulant.

  別使性子。

  4. Then I thought better of it.

  後來我改變了主意。

  think better of 對某事物改變看法,認真考慮,重新考慮決定不做;對某人較高評價

  e.g. Think better of my proposal I will call you tomorrow. 重新考慮我的提案,我明天再打電話給你。

  5. How time drags!

  時間過得真慢啊。

  6. Don’t make an ass of yourself.

  別出洋相。

  make an ass of oneself 鬧笑話,出洋相,做傻事,做蠢事

  相似表達還有 make a fool of oneself

  7. Were you fluttered?

  你慌了嗎?

  8. I avoid them like the plague.

  我避之唯恐不及。

  avoid sb like the plague 像躲避瘟疫一樣地躲避某人

  9. This may queer my pitch.

  這會打亂我的計劃。

  10. He’s an insipid old bore.

  他這人特沒勁。

  二

  1. We cream off the most brilliant.

  我們只挑最棒的。

  cream off [化]撇去乳油;提取精華,選出最好的部分,從交易中牟取最大利益

  e.g. We cream off the best athletes and put them in a special squad. 我們精挑最好的運動員,然後把他們送到特殊運動隊中。

  2. I looked ludicrous.

  我顯得跟傻冒似的。

  3. You touched a raw nerve.

  你犯忌諱了。

  ►raw nerve 死穴,痛處 表面意思理解為裸露的神經,不要碰觸哦,可不要哪壺不開提哪壺

  4. Wish you a speedy recovery.

  祝你早日康復。

  5. You can fish in troubled waters.

  你可以渾水摸魚。

  ►fish in troubled waters 渾水摸魚,趁火打劫。亦可用 fish in muddy waters。

  e.g. It's good fishing in troubled waters. 混水好摸魚。

  6. I don’t want to go to law.

  我可不想打官司。

  ►go to law 打官司,訴諸於法,提起訴訟

  e.g. Don't go to law if you can help it. 除非萬不得已不要打官司。

  7. The pink of perfection!

  爐火純青!

  8. She is shy and retiring.

  她很害羞。

  9. The word insubordination is beyond me.

  我不知反抗為何物。

  10. Simmer gently for 20 m then drain the solution.

  文火煎20分鐘,然後將藥水潷出。