描述外貌的英語口語句子

  同學們一定要好好看看這些文章,小編今天給大家帶來的是英語的口語,學習英語就是要花很多時間的,大家要好好看一看,背一背,這樣才能更快的提升英語成績哦

  一

  1. She only worships Mammon.

  她非常拜金。

  2. You’re harking back to that crap all the time!

  你怎麼老提這事?

  hark back to 回溯到; 回憶起***過去的事***; 使想起;重提

  e.g. The result devastated me at the time. Even now I hark back to it. 當時的結果讓我傷心欲絕,即便是現在我仍記得那一幕。

  3. With this money we could live like a lord.

  有了這筆錢,我們可以享盡榮華富貴。

  live like a lord 過著王公貴族似的豪華生活;養尊處優

  4. He fumbled the catch.

  他沒接住那個球。

  5. Baggy clothes cover a multitude of sins.

  寬鬆的衣服遮百醜啊。

  cover a multitude of sins 掩蓋許多醜惡的事情;成為冠冕堂皇的藉口

  e.g. Don't say you woke up late.That covers a multitude of sins! 不要說你醒來晚了。這是個冠冕堂皇的理由!

  6. No need to doll yourself up.

  沒必要打扮得花枝招展的。

  doll up 把…打扮的漂漂亮亮的;打扮得花枝招展;把...佈置***或裝飾***得更美麗

  e.g. They were all dolled up for the party. 他們為參加聚會著意打扮了一番。

  e.g. The dancing hall was all dolled up for the dancing party. 為了舉辦舞會,舞廳佈置得更漂亮了。

  7. The climate is temperate.

  天氣很溫和。

  8. You’re so unsporting.

  你太不光明正大了。

  9. Have you gone all the way?

  你們上床了嗎?

  go all the way 完全同意…的意見,***與…***完全一致[亦作 go the whole way with];[口語、委婉語]***同…***性交,發生肉體關係

  10. Are you trying to psych me out?

  你想給我來個下馬威?

  psych out 嚇壞,裝瘋以逃避

  e.g. His attempt to psych out the other competition seemed to work. 他企圖在心理上擊敗競爭對手看來是可行的。

  二

  1. We never condone violence.

  對暴力我們絕不姑息。

  2. I prefer to live in a world of my own.

  我喜歡活在自己的世界裡。

  live in 住進,住在***某地***; 存在於…; 為…而生存

  e.g. They decided to emigrate to the U.S. to live in New York. 他們決定移至美國,居住在紐約。

  3. There’s a time and place.

  總得分場合啊。

  4. Don’t put all your goods in the window.

  不要鋒芒畢露。

  5. You can’t bend people to your will.

  你不能把意志強加於人。

  bend sb. to one's will 把自己的意志強加於某人身上;強使某人服從自己的意志

  impose one's will on sb. 也有同樣的意思。

  bend to 屈服於,服從

  e.g. I will bend to your wishes,and will not follow my original plans. 我會服從你的意願而放棄我原來的打算。

  6. You should take the pills on an empty stomach.

  藥得空腹吃。

  on an empty stomach 空腹時,餓肚子,絕食

  e.g. You'd better not drink milk on an empty stomach. 你最好不要在空腹時喝牛奶。

  7. It’s a real body blow.

  這真是沉痛的一擊。

  body blow 重擊,慘敗,大失所望

  e.g. His resignation was a body blow to the team. 他的辭職是對該團隊的一個嚴重打擊。

  8. I’m loath to do it.

  我實在不想幹。

  9. You’ve made your point abundantly clear.

  你的意思我很清楚。

  10. You better have a booster.

  你最好打一劑加強針。