英語基礎對話
不同地方的人聚集到一個地方,文化的差異,使他們的對話變得有些難吧。下面是小編給大家整理的,供大家參閱!
:The Love Story
JJ: Look at them all lean in as I tell this story.... It starts out sickeningly sweet. I was in am musical, Cinderella, and I was Cinderella and the guy who played the prince and I started to date and we got pretty serious and then he was trying to get rid of an ex who kept bothering him and so he decided to come to Japan to teach English and we, all during the summer we had plans you know. I would come and visit and that kind of stuff. We were really excited about it and he was a model at the agency, at the same agency where I was an actor and....so we had the same agent. He went to Japan and was teaching and we were writing back and forth "looking forward to seeing you" all that kind of stuff and I was having lunch with my agent one day and telling her that I had started taking Japanese and I had been planning out my trip and I was very excited about this whole thing and she says, "JJ, I don't know how to tell you this." And I'm thinking,"Oh, my god! What?" And she says, "Yeah, um, Richard's ex-girlfriend flew out to Japan and they got married."
我要講述我的故事,看看他們在都聚精會神的……這段故事的開始異常的甜蜜。我在音樂劇《灰姑娘》中扮演女主角,並開始和飾演王子的男孩約會,我們彼此都很認真。後來他一直試圖擺脫他前女友的持續騷擾,於是他決定去日本教英語,整個夏天,我們都一起計劃著,我去日本看他之類的。我們對此都非常興奮,他在這家公司做模特,我在這家公司做演員,我們在同一家經紀公司。後來他去了日本教書,我們經常通訊,信的結尾總寫著“期望能見到你”這種話。一天我和我的經紀人吃午飯,並興奮地告訴她我要去日本旅行的計劃,她說“JJ,我不知道應該怎麼跟你說。”我當時想“哦,上帝,怎麼了?”她說:“理查德的前女友飛去日本了,他們早結婚了。”
Jessica: Oh, my god!
天哪!
JJ: Married!
結婚了!
Jessica: Oh, no!
不是吧!
JJ: Yeah! Yeah!
是的!
Jessica: How did you feel?
你感覺如何?
JJ: Like I needed a ladder to get on a piece of paper, really, I mean it was, it was a devastating, you know that first broken love kind of thing, but..
我當時真的很需要幫助,我是說真的,這就是一場災難,這是我第一次失戀……
Jessica: Did you hear from him afterwards?
你後來聽說過他們的訊息嗎?
JJ: Yeah, we were always just friends apparently. Yeah, so not only adding the "insult to the industry", "insult the industry", is that what I meant to say "insult to injury" was him just saying that we were always just friends.
現在我們是朋友。比原來還糟糕,是那麼說嗎,雪上加霜,我們永遠都只能是朋友。
add insult to injury
雪上加霜,越來越糟糕
:The Train Trip
Todd: Devon, I hear that you took the train across Russia.
戴文,我聽說你乘坐火車跨越了俄羅斯。
Devon: Yes, I started in Moscow, travelled through Russia, Mongolia, and ended up in China.
是的,我從莫斯科出發,穿越了俄羅斯,蒙古,最後到達了中國。
Todd: Wow! That's a long way!
哇!這是一次長途旅行!
Devon: Yes, it was. It took three weeks. I did it as part of a tour with ten other people.
是的。這次旅行耗時三週。我是和其他十人一起旅行的。
Todd: Man, that's a cool trip. That must of cost a lot of money.
太酷了。這次旅行一定花了不少錢。
Devon: It did cost a lot of money but not a lot of people can say they have done that, and so, I looked in, I researched the trip several months before I actually took it. A friend and I did it together and there was one other American and the rest of the people were from Switzerland.
確實花了不少錢,但沒有多少人這樣沿途旅行,在出發的幾個月前我就研究了旅行計劃。我和我的一個朋友一起做旅行計劃,後來另外一名美國人加入,其他加入的人都來自瑞士。
Todd: OK. Cool! What was the landscape like?
酷!路上的風景怎麼樣?
Devon: A lot of it was flat and for miles around you could see absolutely nothing, and as you got into Siberia there was scattered trees, and when we got into Mongolia you could see some Camels every once in awhile, but besides that there was a whole lot of nothing.
路上大部分的風景都是一望無際的平原,進入西伯利亞平原就能看到稀疏的樹木,進入蒙古你經常能看到成群的駱駝,但除了這些,什麼都沒有。
Todd: Wow! Just wild camels!
是的,我在路上不止一次看到,野生駱駝圍著水源。
Devon: Wild Camels around the drinking hole. Yes, saw that more than once.
火車上吃的怎麼樣?
Todd: So how did you eat on this train?
路上火車停過幾回,每停一站我們都下車購買當地人售賣的食物。我們買了許多即食乾魚,麵條和其他的俄羅斯美食,你可以用熱水加熱食品。每輛火車的每節車廂都有熱水,如果你餓極了可以熱麵條吃。
Devon: We stopped several times along the way and upon every platform you could buy food that local people were selling. A lot of it consisted of dried fish and other types of Russian delicacy and a lot of noodles that you heated up with hot water. Every train had hot water on it on every carraige so you were always able to make noodles if you were desperate.
你乘坐的是豪華列車還是普通列車?
Todd: So was this a luxurious train or was it a pretty basic...?
我乘坐的是最普通的列車。雖然列車上並沒有裝載動物,但燒煤的火車是最普通的列車。
Devon: It was pretty much the most basic you could get. There were no animals on board but sometimes they were coal-heated so it was very basic.
哇!你還會這樣旅行嗎?
Todd: Wow! Would you do it agian?
問得好!我還會這樣旅行嗎?是的,我還會跨越俄羅斯,但要等到幾年後。一方面是因為旅行會花不少錢,另一方面是還有許多其他的事可以做,可以去見識。
Devon: Great question! Would I do it again? Yes, I would do it again but I would wait several years to do it. One because it does cost a lot of money and two because there are many other things to do and see.
好的。謝謝你,戴文。
Todd: OK. Thanks a lot Devon.
不客氣!
Devon: You are very welcome!
:The Guesthouse
Todd: OK. Daisuke, we're going to talk about the guesthouse. We live at the same guesthouse.
好的,大輔,我們來談談小型家庭旅館。我們住在一家旅館。
Daisuke: Yes.
是的。
Todd: There's lots of people here.
這兒住著很多人。
Daisuke: Yep.
是的。
Todd: Um, what do you think about the guesthouse?
你覺得這家旅館怎麼樣?
Daisuke: It's quite nice to meet different people from different countries.
住在這兒很好,總能認識來自不同國家的人。
Todd: Uh-huh, what do you do at night at the guesthouse?
晚上你在旅館都做什麼?
Daisuke: At night?
晚上?
Todd: Yeah!
是的!
Daisuke: Normally, I work quite early, so I start working quite early so, I'm sleeping at night.
通常,我很早工作,我每天都要早起工作,所以我晚上睡覺早。
Todd: Oh, you don't party with the people, or have drinks or anything?
你不參加聚會嗎,喝酒或是做其他的事?
Daisuke: Only on Saturday. But Saturday, after I work, after work I go to Ginza to have a drink with my workmates.
只有週六會。但週六也要在我完成工作後,下班後我去銀座和我的同事喝一杯。
Todd: Oh, OK.
哦,好的。
Daisuke: Then, I come back quite late, so maybe I stay here maybe for two hours or something.
然後,我回來得很晚,也許只能回來待2個小時左右。
Todd: Oh, really! Oh, OK. Um, and do you know everybody at the guesthouse? Do you know everybody here?
哦,真的!好的。你認識這家旅館的所有人嗎?你認識這兒的所有人?
Daisuke: I don't think I know everbody, but I know some people who comes down to the first floor, and yeah.
我想我不認識所有人,但我認識一些經常下樓到一層的人。
Todd: Yeah, you just hang out?
好的,你剛回來嗎?
Daisuke: Hang out.
我剛剛出去了。
Todd: Yeah, OK, um, and how long do you plan to live here at the guesthouse?
好的,你打算在旅館住多久?
Daisuke: My plan is, um, I'm gonna live here within one month, so it will be, uh, four months.
我的計劃是,嗯,再在旅館裡住1個月,也就是說一共4個月。
Todd: Four months. Oh, you're going to move.
4個月。你要搬走了。
Daisuke: Yeah.
是的。
Todd: Really? Why?
真的?為什麼?
Daisuke: Uh, I'm searching for the job in the restaurant. As long as, as I get the job I'd like to move and live close to the restaurant. Cause the restaurant life is quite long hours, so I have to live, you know, live close to the restaurant. Get some sleep.
我正在一家餐館裡找工作。我一有工作,我就會搬到餐館附近住。因為餐館都是長時間營業,所以我必須住得離餐館近一些。這樣能多睡會兒。
Todd: Yeah. What kind of restaurant job? Cook or waiter or..?
好的。你在餐館裡做什麼工作?廚師還是服務員?
Daisuke: A chef.
我是廚師。
Todd: A chef?
廚師?
Daisuke: A cook, of course cook.
廚師,當然了,廚師。
Todd: Oh, OK.
好的。
Daisuke: I don't get any skills, I don't have any skills, so I have to start from the bottom, but, I want to do the Japanese cuisine.
我沒有任何技能,我沒有任何烹飪技能,所以我必須從頭學起,但我想學習製作日本料理。
Todd: Oh, OK. Great! Alright thanks a lot Daisuke.
哦,好的。真棒!十分謝謝你,大輔。
以上是小編整理所得,歡迎大家閱讀和收藏。