年輕人勵志的英語散文

  人不必須要生得漂亮,但卻必須要活得漂亮。以下小編為大家介紹英語優美文段摘抄大全,歡迎大家閱讀參考!

   優秀的英語散文:20幾歲最應該做的事

  Of course, there are a lot of things you should do in your 20s.

  當然,20多歲時需要做的事情很多。

  But I always think there are several of them which deserve more priority .

  不過我一直覺得其中有一些更加優先一些。

  And here are the 17 on the top of my list.

  下面這17條就是我覺得最重要的。

  1. Plan what to do.

  規劃要做的事。

  2. Have good command over English language.

  掌握好英語這門語言。

  3. Read, read and read.

  不停地讀書。

  4. Start reading, fiction, non fiction, science, history, politics etc.

  開始閱讀小說、非小說、科學、歷史、政治等等類別的書籍。

  5. Start exercising or yoga or start jogging. Have a decent physique.

  開始運動,或者做瑜伽,或者慢跑。保持好身材。

  6. Wake up before sunrise, practice to wake up without alarm.

  在日出前起床,試著不需要鬧鐘可以自己起床。

  7. Learn to communicate with strangers. Develop the confidence to start a conversation with strangers. Get to know different people around you.

  學習跟陌生人交流。建立可以與陌生人交談的自信心。瞭解你身邊不同的人。

  8. Quit smoking, alcohol or any other bad habits you have.

  戒掉煙、酒或者其他不良習慣。

  9. Learn how to cook.

  學會做飯。

  10. Learn to plan your day well. Spend at least 10 mins in the morning and make a list of activities to be done for that particular day.

  學習規劃每一天。在每天早上花上10分鐘來對當天的活動做一個列表規劃。

  11. Learn a foreign language.

  學習一門外語。

  12. Help people who are in need of help.

  幫助需要幫助的人。

  13. Love your parents, love your family. They are the only ones who will love you.

  愛你的父母,愛你的家人。他們是唯一會一直愛著你的人。

  14. Learn to live alone.

  學會獨居。

  15. Never be dependent on anybody, for anything. Learn to be independent.

  不要依賴任何人或者任何事物。學著獨立自主。

  16. Don't forget to get at least 8 hrs of peaceful sleep among all these activities.

  不要忘了在活動之後保持八小時以上的充足睡眠。

  17. Start meditation, this will keep your mind calm, fresh and active throughout the day.

  學會冥想,有助於你保持沉著、清醒、積極一整天。

  優秀的英語散文: 不要生活在幻覺中,清醒一點

  And now we come to the most alarming delusion of all.

  現在,我們要講所有幻覺中最需要防範的一種。

  The idea that other people don't matter. Their feelings. Their needs.

  這種幻覺就是:覺得其他人都不重要,他們的感受、他們的需求都不重要。

  Imagine a cave where those inside never see the ourside world.

  來想象一個洞穴吧,這裡面的人從來沒有見過外面的世界。

  Instead, they see shadows of their world projected on a wall.

  他們看見的只有投射在牆上的影子。

  The world they see in the shadows is not the real world. But it's real to them.

  他們在影子中看到的那個世界當然不是真實的世界,但他們就認為這是真的。

  If you were to show them the world as it actually is, they would reject it as incompreshensible .

  而如果你把真實的世界展示給他們看,他們反而會抵制它,因為他們理解不了這個世界。

  Now what if, instead of being in a cave, you were out in the world, except you couldn't see it.

  那麼現在,如果你不是住在一個洞穴裡,而是住在真實的世界裡,只是你看不見這個世界呢?

  Because you weren't looking. You were only looking at what the media has shown you.

  你看不見它,因為你並沒有在看它,你只是在看媒體呈現給你的東西。

  You trusted that the world you saw through the prison was the real world.

  你堅信你從這個牢籠中看到的世界就是真實的世界。

  But there's a difference.

  不過剛剛舉的這兩個例子是有區別的。

  You see. Unlike the allegory of the cave where the people are real and the shadows are false, here other people are the shadows.

  你看,在那個寓言裡面,人是真實的而影子是虛假的;但在這個世界裡,其他的人就是那些影子。

  This is the delusion of the narcissists who believe that they alone are real, that their feelings are the only feelings that matter because other people are just shadows.

  這就是那些自戀者的幻覺,他們認為這個世界上只有他們才是真實的,他們認為只有他們自己的感受是算數的,因為其他人都只是影子。

  And shadows don't feel, because they are not real.

  而影子是不會有感受的,因為他們不是真的。

  But what if everyone lived in caves. Than no one would be real, not even you, unless you woke up one day and left the cave.

  但如果所有人都是住在自己的洞窟裡呢?那麼就沒有人是真實的了,連你自己都不是,除非你有一天突然醒悟然後離開這個洞窟。

  And then, how strange would the world look after a lifetime of staring at shadows.

  這時候你才會發現,這個世界是如此的奇怪;畢竟,你至今為止都不過是在盯著影子看而已。

   優秀的英語散文:想逃離現在的生活追尋自由?

  Have you ever gone on vacation and said to yourself, “I could live here?” On a trip to Jamaica, Kalisa Martin entertained that idea —and actually went through with it.

  你是否曾經旅行過並告訴你自己:“我能住在這裡”?在去牙買加的一次旅途中,卡麗薩·馬汀思考了這個想法——也事實上將它完成了。

  It was during a lingering and nasty New York City winter in March 2014. Martin and her boyfriend Jeff Belizaire decided to escape the snow by taking a last-minute getaway to Jamaica.

  那是在2014年三月紐約市一個漫長而惡劣的冬季期間。馬汀和她的男朋友傑夫·貝利澤爾突發奇想決定馬上跑去牙買加躲避雪天。

  At the time, Martin had a dream job in the New York culinary world: brand director at Tasting Table, a digital destination for culinary enthusiasts. She also appeared on national television shows like Good Morning America.

  在那時,馬汀在紐約的烹飪界有著一份理想的工作:Tasting Table的品牌主理人,這是一家美食熱愛者的線上聚集地。她同時也在國家電視節目如《早安美國》中出現過。

  But there was something about that trip that spoke to Martin — profoundly.

  但是,有關那趟旅程的什麼東西深深地印在了馬汀的內心。

  “That long weekend, the idea of the B&B concept came up and we thought, ‘Why not?’It could happen, and it could happen right here in Jamaica,”said 30-year-old Martin. “That was the first time we seriously considered the idea.”

  “在那個漫長的週末裡,“床加早餐”理念***一種旅店形式***的想法蹦了出來,我們想著‘為什麼不呢?’那是有可能發生的,而且有可能就發生在這兒,在牙買加,”30歲的馬汀說道。“那是我們第一次認真考慮這個想法。”

  Within four months Martin had quit her job and was on her way to Jamaica with Belizaire to create The Runaway, a bed-and-breakfast that has grown into a lifestyle travel brand.

  在四個月裡,馬汀辭了職,並和貝利澤爾踏上了去牙買加創造The Runaway的道路,一個有著“床加早餐”理念的想法開始成為一個生活方式旅遊品牌。

  “We ran away from the cold and the typical 9-5 to follow our dreams and create this new life,”says Martin.

  “我們從寒冷與典型的朝九晚五中逃離出來追尋我們的夢,並創造了這個全新的生活,”馬汀說。

  And this isn’t your average bed-and-breakfast. The Runaway Jamaica is the first successfully funded B&B on Kickstarter. Backers donated almost $47,000 to help bring the property to life.

  這也並非只是典型的“床加早餐”。The Runaway Jamaica是第一家成功在Kickstarter上得到資助的“床加早餐”理念的品牌。支持者們捐獻了將近47000美元來幫助它成為現實。