第一天上班英語口語
下面小編為大家帶來職場英語,歡迎大家學習!
1.第一天上班口語句子:
Could you tell me where the manager's office is?
能告訴我經理辦公室在哪裡嗎?
I have some difficulty in finding the manager's office.
我很難找到經理辦公室。
Which is the manager's office?
哪個是經理的辦公室?
have difficulty in doing sth.“做某事有困難”
Is the manager in? I come to report to him.
請問經理在嗎?我是來向他報到的。
I come to report for my work.
我是來報到上班的。
I come to report for duty on the date indicated.
我是在指定的日期來報到。
indicate v. 指示,指出
“report”在這裡的意思是“報到”。
Is there anything else I should know before starting work?
上班之前還有什麼事情我需要了解嗎?
Is there any bylaw I should know?
有什麼內部章程需要我瞭解嗎?
I want to have a look at the job description before working.
工作之前,我想先看一下工作職責說明。
bylaw n. 章程
description n. 說明,描述
Could you tell me who is in charge here?
請問誰是這裡的負責人?
Is the manager in charge of this job?
經理主管這項工作嗎?
Who is the head of the department?
誰是這個部門的領導?
in charge“處於領導或管理的職位”
in charge of…“主管…,負責…”
What exactly are my duties?
我的職責是什麼?
duty n. 職責,責任
Who do I answer to in my job?
我的工作應該向誰負責?
answer to...“對…負責”
Whose assistant should I work as?
我應該做誰的助理?
Whom should I assist?
我應該協助誰?
assistant n. 助理,助手
assist v. 幫助,協助
When should I start work?
= When should I set to work?
我什麼時候開始工作?
set to“開始認真幹起來”
I really love this kind of atmosphere.
我很毫歡這種氣氛。
I like this office.
我喜歡這個辦公室。
atmosphere n. 氣氛,氛圍
2.情景對話
Secretary: Welcome to our company.
祕書:歡迎採我們公司工作。
New manager: I really love this kind of atmosphere.
新任經理:我真的很喜歡這種氣氛。
Secretary: An impressive office is vital to' the image projected by the company.
祕書:一個令人印象深刻的辦公場所對公司的形象很重要。
New manager: There are people everywhere. What's that girl doing?
新任經理:到處都有人。那女孩子在幹什麼?
Secretary: She's dealing with customers and drumming up-new business. The guy next to her is in charge of the office
computer network.
祕書:她在跟客戶談生意並爭取新的業務。她旁邊那個小夥子負責公司的電腦網路。
New manager: And what about that man there?
新任經理:那邊那個男人呢?
Secretary: He is our accountant.
祕書:他是我們的會計。
New manager: I see you have a coffee bar and a water cooler. The staff here must be vevy comfortable. I think it really helps
morale when people feel supported by their employers.
新任經理:我看到這裡有一個咖啡吧檯和一臺冷水機。這裡的員工一定很舒服吧。我想員工得到了僱主的支援士氣肯定會不錯的。
Secretary: Indeed they are. Keeping the staff happy is the only way to keep them with the company.
祕書:確實是。讓員工快樂是公司留住他們的唯一方法。
3.詳細解說
1.“be vital to sth.”意為“對…的存在或成功是極其重要、極關鍵的,必不可少的”,例如:These measures are vital to
national security.這些措施對國防安全極其重要。需要注意的是,如果想表達“對健康非常重要或非常有必要”時,需用介詞“for”,即:“be vital for one's health”,例如: Regular exercise is vital for your health.經常做鍛鍊對健康非常有.必要。
2.“deal with sb.”在這裡表示“與某人或某個公司、組織等做生意、有生意上的往來”,例如:Most travel agents do not deal
directly with these companies.大部分旅行社代理都不和這些公司直接做生意。
3.“drum up”意為“竭力爭取,通過持續不懈的努力得來”,例如:Peter is in Europe, drumming- up business for his new investment company.彼得現在在歐洲,努力為他新開辦的投資公司爭取生意。