外事接待英語口語

  在日常生活中,我們能見到各種各樣的英語,可見英語的使用範文很廣。小編在此獻上金融英語,希望對大家有所幫助。

  :約會

  Chapter 5 Making Appointment

  約會

  Dialogue 1 Are You Free This Evening?

  你今晚有空嗎?

  Professional Terms

  專業術語

  sorghum n.

  高梁

  granny n.

  奶奶

  local n.

  本地

  countryside n.

  鄉下

  direct vt.

  直接

  role n.

  角色

  portray vt.

  描繪

  Good morning, Diana.

  早上好,戴安娜。

  Good morning LiLi.

  早上好,李麗

  Are you free this evening.?

  今晚有空嗎?

  Yes, What'up?

  有空,有什麼事嗎?

  I've got two tickets for a movie this evening, Would you like to go with me?

  我這兒有兩張晚上的電影票。你願意跟我一起去嗎?

  I'd love to,What is on tonight?

  我很願意。今晚放什麼電影?

  The Red Sorghun.

  《紅高梁》。

  What is it about?

  是關於什麼的?

  It's about the life story of a granny in the past, and it also tells us a lot about the local customs of the countryside at that time.

  是關於過去一位老奶奶的生活故事,片中還展現了大量當時中國的農村風俗。

  Who directs it?

  誰導演的?

  Zhang Yimou. the famous director in China.

  中國的著名導演張藝謀。

  And who is in the leading role?

  誰主演的?

  GongLi,She portrays the granny.

  鞏俐,她扮演這個老奶奶。

  Great, When shall we meet?

  太好了,我們什麼時候碰頭?

  The movie starts at 8:00 so let's meet at 7:30 at the entrance of Xinhua Cinema.

  電影八點鐘開始,這要我們七點半在新華電影院的***處見面。

  Try to get there in time ,OK?

  準時到那兒行嗎?

  OK,Don't worry, I'll be there in time.

  行。不用擔心,我會準時到的。

  See you later.

  等會兒見

  See you later.

  等會兒見

  Dialogue 2 Making an Appointment with Mr. Johnson

  與約翰遜先生約會

  Professional Terms

  專業術語

  appointment n.

  約會

  convenient a.

  方便的

  Hello, May I speak to Mr. Johnson , please?

  你好,我找約翰遜先生。

  Hello , This is Bill Johnson, speaking .May I ask who is calling?

  你好,我是比爾·約翰遜。請問,你是誰?

  This is Zhang Ming. Mr. Johnson, I'd like to make an appointment with you,

  我是張明。約翰遜先生,我想給你訂個約會。

  Good.,

  好吧。

  I'd like to invite you to a dinner tomorrow evening.

  我想邀請你明天晚上吃晚餐。

  Would it be convenient for you?

  不知你是否方便?

  Tommorrow won't do., I'm afraid because I have another appointment.

  恐怕明天不行,因為我另有約會。

  Can we make it next Monday evening?

  下一個星期一怎麼樣?

  I think that will be fine , Where shall we meet then?

  我想可以,上哪兒去?

  How about meeting at the Yangtze Hotel?

  去長江大酒店,怎麼樣?

  The Yangtze Hotel? I'm afraid that's too far away.

  長江大酒店,恐怕太遠了吧。

  Then we can go to the Guiyuan Hotel?

  那麼我們去桂苑酒店吧?

  It is much nearer.

  要近得多

  Sounds good.

  聽起來不錯

  Let's make it at around seven ,all right?

  我們訂在七點,行嗎?

  That's all right , Thank you for calling .Good-bye.

  行,謝謝你的電話。再見

  Good-bye.

  再見

  Tips On Reception of Foreigners

  外事接待注意事項

  Cultural Notes to Making Appointments

  約會的文化背景

  The scheduling of appointment is very important in western culture.

  預定約會在西方文化裡是非常重要的。

  If you want to visit somebody or invite somebody to do something.

  如果你想拜訪某人。或者是邀請某人做某事

  the best way is to make an appointment with him in advance, because most westerners often keep a strict person schedule.

  最好的方法是預先與他訂個約會,因為大多數西方人常常遵守一個嚴格的個人時間表。

  They don't welcome unexpected visitors.

  他們不喜歡不速之客。

  Usually for a westerner three schedules are kept, one for daily events one for weekly planning and one for long term planning.

  通常一個在西方人得遵守三個時間表:一個是當天的計劃安排,一個是每週的計劃;另一個是長遠的計劃。

  You have to show respect for their cultural custom.

  你得尊重他們的文化習俗。

  Often appointments are made on the phone by talking with him directly or with his secretary ,who can help him to arrange the appointment.

  通常你可以通過電話與他本人預定約會或通過他的祕書來安排約會。

  Remember to tell him or her directly why you want to meet him .

  記住直接告訴他或她要見他的目的。

  Before making an appointment ,you must know the full name and title of the person you want to meet.

  約會之前,你必須知道對方的全名和頭銜。

  If necessary ,you can check with his secretary.

  如有必要,可與他的祕書核實一下。

  All the appointments should be double-checkde for accuracy.

  為了準確起見,應該核實所有約會。

  The time, address ,names of involved parties,and spelling and pronunciation of the names should be verified.

  約會的時間、地點,所涉及人物的姓名以及姓名的拼寫和發音都應加以核實。

  Don't be late for the appointment.

  約會時不要遲到。

  You have to get to the meeting place on time.

  你得按時趕到約會地點。

  If something urgent happens which prevents you from keeping the appointment , you can change or cancel the appointment immediately.

  如果發生急事,你不能按時赴約,你應立即改變或取消約會。

  It is very impolite for you to fall to keep an appointment.

  失約是很不禮貌的。

  :飲食

  Chapter 3 Eating

  飲食

  Dialogue 1 At a Dinner Party

  在宴會上

  Professional Terms

  專業術語

  champagne n.

  香檳酒

  specialty n.

  特產

  sip vt.

  吸吮

  chopstick n.

  筷子

  handle vt.

  處置

  stressing n.

  無應力

  radiant a.

  發光的

  Mr. White take a seat, please ,and Mr.Black ,here ,please.

  懷特先生,請坐,布萊克先生,請坐這兒。

  Thank you.

  謝謝

  Thank you.

  謝謝

  What would you like to drink,beer, champagne, wine ,or Maotai?

  你們想喝點什麼,啤酒,香檳,葡萄酒,還是茅臺?

  Beer, please.

  啤酒

  What's Maotai?

  茅臺是什麼?

  It's a kind of spirits, a real Chinese specialty, but it is a bit strong.

  它是一種烈性酒,真正的中國特產,但是度數有點偏高。

  In that case, I'd prefer beer too.

  那麼,我也喝啤酒。

  But some people say that it is a shame to leave China without doing three things-going to the Great Wall, eating Beiging duck and drinking Maotai.

  但是一些人說,如果不做下面三件事而離開中國,是一件非常遺憾的事,那就是:參觀長城,吃北京烤鴨和喝茅臺酒。

  Really? OK, I'll take a sip later.

  真的嗎?好吧,我等會嘗一點。

  What would you like ,Chinese food or Western food?

  你們是想吃中餐,還是西餐?

  Chinese food, please.

  中餐吧

  Me ,too.

  我也是

  Would you like to use chopsticks?

  你們想用筷子嗎?

  Yes, of course, As the saying goes, When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

  當然想,俗話說入鄉隨俗。

  Although I can't get long with them, I'd like to learn to handle them.

  儘管我不會用筷子,但我想學著用它們。

  How about you, Mr.Black?

  你呢,布萊克先生?

  I'd like to use chopsticks, too.

  我也想用筷子

  Since this is the first time for you to come to China.

  因為這是你們第一次來到中國。

  I'd like to recommend some real Chinese dishes to you.

  我想給你們介紹一些真正的中國菜。

  Real Chinese dishes cuisine places stress on color, smell taste form and sound.

  真正的中國烹調強調色、香、味、形、聲。

  May I take your order?

  請問,點什麼菜?

  Yes, sweet-and-sour fish, bean curd with minced pork in chili sauce, chicken velet, braised beef in brown sauce duck wrapped in lotus leaves,

  糖醋魚、麻辣豆腐、芙蓉雞片、紅燒牛肉、荷葉包鴨、

  four vegetale delicacies bowl of three delicious ingredients soup ,and three tins of Qindao beer.

  素燒四寶、三鮮湯,以及三聽青島啤酒。

  I'll get the dishes for you right now.

  我馬上就把菜端來。

  after the dishes are served.

  上菜後

  The dishes really look inviting.

  這些菜看起來真誘人。

  What beautiful colors! Let's take a picture first.

  多麼美的顏色!我們先照張像吧。

  Please help yourselves to what you like, Let's drink the beer.

  請隨便吃菜。我們喝啤酒吧。

  Here is to your health.

  為你們的健康乾杯!

  To your health.

  為你們的健康乾杯!

  And to our friendship and cooperation.

  為我們的友誼和合作乾杯!

  The dishes are really colorful ,fragrant, delicious, and presentable.

  這些菜真是色香味形俱全

  After I go back to America, I'm sure I'll often go to the Chinese restaurants.

  回美國後,我肯定會經常上中國餐館的。

  I'm glad that both of you like the Chinese food. Still want some more?

  我很高興你們都喜歡中國菜。還要點什麼嗎?

  No, thanks. I'm positively full.

  不,謝謝,我真的吃飽了。

  Me. too.

  我也是。

  In that case, I'll go to pay for the bill and you stay here still I came back.

  那麼,我去結帳,你們在這兒等我。

  Thank you for the wonderful dinner.

  謝謝你這頓精美的晚餐。

  Thanks,

  謝謝

  Don't mention it.

  不客氣

  Notes:

  筆記

  Spirits

  烈性酒

  Chinese speciality

  中國特產

  A shame

  一件遺憾的事

  Chinese food

  中餐

  Western food

  西餐

  When in Rome ,do as the Romans do.

  入鄉隨俗

  Place stress on.

  強調

  May I take your order?

  你點什麼菜?

  Here is to your health.

  為你的健康乾杯

  I'm positively full.

  我真的吃飽了。

  Dialogue 2 At the Table

  在餐桌上

  Prefessional Terms

  專業術語

  chili

  辣椒

  homemade

  自制的

  dressing

  化妝品

  delicious

  美味的

  recipe

  食譜

  Won't you have some of the chicken in chili sauce.

  多吃點麻辣子雞。

  Yes, thanks, It looks enticing .

  好吧,謝謝。這看起來真誘人。

  How do you make it?

  這是怎麼做的?

  I use some special homemade dressings.

  我用的是自己調製的調味品。

  My mother told me how to make it.

  按母親告訴我的方法做的。

  It's really delicious.

  真香。

  I'm glad you like it.

  我很高興你喜歡它。

  When you cook Chinese food, do you follow recipes from books?

  你們做菜時,按照書上的菜譜做嗎?

  Sometimes we use recipes, but mainly we learn to cook by experience.

  有時我們用菜譜,但主要是靠經驗做。

  My mother is a great cook , but she never any recipes.

  我母親的菜做的相當好,但她從不用任何菜譜。

  I always learn to cook by using recipes, but I'm still a poor cook.

  我總是靠菜譜來學烹飪,但至今我做菜還是很差。

  Help yourself to some more steak and eggs, please.

  多吃點牛排和雞蛋吧。

  Don't stand on ceremony.

  別客氣

  I never do with my friends.

  在朋友面前,我從不講客氣。

  In fact, I feel quite at home.

  事實上,我很隨意

  Have some more soup. please.

  多喝點湯吧。

  I'm afraid I've had enough.

  恐怕我已經夠了

  Allow me to pour you another cup of beer.

  讓我再給你倒一杯啤酒。

  No, thanks, I don't want anything more.

  不用了,謝謝,我不能再吃了。

  I've had an excellent dinner.

  我已經吃了一頓非常好的晚餐了。

  I'm glad to hear that.

  我很高興聽你這樣說。

  I think we should get together again sometime.

  我想什麼時候我們應該再聚一次。

  Yes, that is a great idea.

  好,這個主意不錯。

  notes

  筆記

  homemade dressing

  自制調味品

  follow recipes

  按菜譜做菜

  stand on ceremony

  講客氣

  feel quite at home

  感到很自在

  Tips On Reception of Foreigners

  外事接待注意事項

  Table Manners

  席間禮節

  Most westerners-particularly most Americans-are not nearly as concerned about protocol in social matters as Chinese people are.

  大多數西方人,尤其是美國人,不象中國人那樣注重社交場合的禮節。

  but there are still a few Western custom which are extremely important which you should try at all times to observe.

  但是還是有一些西方習俗非常重要,你得時刻注意它們。

  Keep your mouth closed while chewing ,and makes as little noise as possible.

  咀嚼食物時要雙脣緊閉,儘量不要發出聲音。

  And don't talk with food in your mouth.

  口中有食物時不要講話。

  You'd better not leave the napkin on the table.

  最好不把餐巾放在餐桌上。

  Put in on your lap where it's supposed to protect your clothes from spilled food or used to wipe your hands or mouth when necessary.

  而是把它放在膝蓋上,用來保護你的衣服不被食物濺髒,或者需要時用來擦手或嘴。

  Don't put your own utensils ***fork ,knife , spoon*** into a serving bowl.

  不要把你的餐具放入盛菜的碗中。

  Use the utensil in the bowl ***a large spoon or fork*** to put some of the food on your own plate , and then return the serving utensil to the bowl.

  用碗中的餐具把食物盛入你的碟中,然後再把盛菜的餐具放入碗中。

  Don't spit food anywhere.

  不要隨處吐東西。

  If you have bones in your mouth, you should take them out with your fingers and place them on the edge of your plate, but never on the table of floor.

  如果你口裡有骨頭,應該用手指把它們取出,放在你自己碟子的邊上,而不是放在桌面或地板上。

  Don't drink soup out of a bowl.

  不要抱著碗喝湯

  Use a spoon

  而是要用湯勺

  And never lift your plate or bowl off the table while eating.

  進餐時,不要把碗碟端離桌面。

  Don't reach across the table in front of another person.

  不要橫跨桌面或在他人面前取食。

  Ask someone to pass whatever you want.

  而是要把別人把你所需的遞過來。

  You can say please pass me the or Could trouble you for the?

  你可以說,“請把……遞給我。”或者說“能勞駕你把……給我嗎?”

  Never put nut shells , fruit peelings ,etc, on the floor.

  不要把果殼或果皮等丟在地上。

  Put them in a plate or ashtray ,etc....

  而要放入碟子或菸灰缸等裡面。

  And don't sneeze or blow your nose anywhere except into a handkerchief or Kleenex.

  不要隨處打噴嚏或擤鼻涕,而是要對著手巾或者衛生紙。

  If you cough, cover your mouth with your hand.

  咳嗽時,用手捂住嘴巴。

  Generally speaking ,when foreighers come to China ,they are interested in eating Chinese food, and the local specialites.

  通常說來,外國人到中國時,他們對吃中國菜或者地方特產很感興趣。

  They may like using chopsticks, but some may still prefer to use a knife and fork.

  他們或許會喜歡用筷子,有些人可能還是要用刀子或叉子,

  The best way is to set the table with chopsticks as well as knives ,forks and spoons.

  最好的方法是在桌上同時擺上筷子、刀子、叉子和勺子。

  As far as dressing at a dinner is concerned, men normal wear a dark suit , and women can often wear a formal dress grown.

  就用餐時的衣著而言,通常男士得穿深色套裝,女士則穿正式衣裙。

  Sometimes , foreigners ,especially Americans , dress less formally.

  有時候,外國人,尤其是美國人,穿著不太正規。

  It should not be seen as rude, but as friendly and familiar.

  這不能看作是粗魯,而是友好、熟悉的表現。