聯合國潘基文聯合國日致辭
聯合國潘基文聯合國日致辭
聯合國潘基文聯合國日致辭
Secretary-General’s Message on United Nations Day
秘書長聯合國日致辭
24 October 2013
2013年10月24日
Dear friends,
親愛的朋友們,
United Nations Day is a chance to recognize how much this invaluable Organization contributes to peace and common progress.
聯合國日使我們有機會認識到這一重要的組織為和平與共同進步所做出的巨大貢獻。
It is a time to reflect on what more we can do to realize our vision for a better world.
此時應該反思的是,我們還能夠為實現更美好世界的願景再做些什麼。
The fighting in Syria is our biggest security challenge.
敘利亞境內的戰鬥是我們面臨的最大安全挑戰。
Millions of people depend on UN humanitarian personnel for life-saving assistance.
數以百萬計的'民眾依賴聯合國人道主義工作人員提供拯救生命的援助。
UN experts are working hand-in-hand with the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons to destroy Syria’s stockpiles.
聯合國專家正與獲得諾貝爾獎的禁止化學武器組織攜手努力,爭取銷燬敘利亞的化武儲存。
And we are pushing for a diplomatic solution to end suffering that has gone on far too long.
我們正在推動一項外交解決方案,以結束一場歷時太久的痛苦。
Our most urgent development challenge is to make sustainability a reality.
最緊迫的發展挑戰莫過於實現可持續性。
The Millennium Development Goals have cut poverty in half.
千年發展目標已經將貧窮減少了一半。
Now we must maintain the momentum, craft an equally inspiring post-2015 development agenda and reach an agreement on climate change.
我們現在必須保持這一勢頭,制訂出同樣激勵人心的2015年後發展議程,並就氣候變化問題達成協議。
This year again, we saw the United Nations come together on armed conflict, human rights, the environment and many other issues.
今年,聯合國再度凝聚力量,應對武裝衝突、人權、環境及許多其他問題。
We continue to show what collective action can do. We can do even more.
我們繼續向世人展示集體行動能夠取得的成果。而我們甚至可更有作為。
In a world that is more connected, we must be more united.
在這更加相互聯接的世界中,我們必須更加團結。
On United Nations Day, let us pledge to live up to our founding ideals and work together for peace, development and human rights.
值此聯合國日,我們立誓實現我們的創始理想,為和平、發展和人權而共同努力。